Yamaha DG130H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha DG130H

Just picked one up dirt cheap for kicks. Head is near mint. Normally I am an all tube Rivera guy. I play a Rivera Chris Duarte combo, and a Rivera KHR55. Anyway, I remember that Holdsworth, Kotzen, Doyle Bramhall Jr, and a few others played these and found one, so I bought it. I used to have the preamp with the motorized knobs and it sounded great, but wound up getting rid of it when the amps came out because I heard they were better and had awesome sounding effects, and I intended to get one.

Right now I have it hooked up to the Duarte's 15"EV. I have to say this thing sounds ridiculous. It is a shame they don't make them anymore. The cleans are better than most high dollar tube amps. The overdrives, are better than most high dollar tube amps, and the high gain, is well, really good. I am not a high gain player, so I can't really go there, but it isn't your typical solid state, or modeling high gain sound. You can pretty much dial in anything. There is a trim knob that lets you match you pickups you dont over load it and get that annoying SS clipping that would suck the tone.

The effects are superb. Reverb is spring, plate and hall. All are great, but I am a spring guy and keep it there. Sounds like spring should. Like real spring. Has chorus and trem. Has a very warm sounding echo as well. Sick, Sick, sick amp. 130 watts. paid like $300 shipped.

Did I mentiond MOTORIZED knobs for the coolness factor

Last edited by BigDaddyD; 09-30-2008, 06:39 AM.

i like a lot of the older yamaha solid-state stuff. i am a rivera guy too....hahahaha, what does that say about us?!?!?
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

we have good taste and great ears...and know tone.

Comment

that's right!!!
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X