Is there a difference in the J80C pickups?B&N

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a difference in the J80C pickups?B&N

I just got a set of J80c pickups and what to know if there is any difference between the two neck and bridge pickups?

Bridge should be higher output.
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Bridge should be higher output.
      It should be but I don't think the catalog shows it. They look the same too. The neck one has to be put in backwards.

Comment

Both logos should be facing the same way. The bridge may be trem spaced as well. Use an ohm meter to check the output of each.
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

All 80s Jackson pickups were standard spaced AFAIK.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
            It should be but I don't think the catalog shows it. They look the same too. The neck one has to be put in backwards.
            I had a Kelly XLR once that came with a J50N in the neck... it looked like it was backwards, since the adjustable poles were closer to the bridge, but the logo was also on that same side.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I had a Kelly XLR once that came with a J50N in the neck... it looked like it was backwards, since the adjustable poles were closer to the bridge, but the logo was also on that same side.
              I don't have the covers. I guess the only way for me to tell is get a ohm meter.

Comment

All of my guitars that have the stock Jackson pups have the screw pole pieces facing the bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
                  All 80s Jackson pickups were standard spaced AFAIK.

Around the time they started using the JT-590, late '88 into '89, they started with trem-spaced. The J80C from my 750 XL is a trembucker. Also interesting is the fact that my really early ('85, I think) J50B (with black poles) is even narrower than a later standard-spaced J50B. I may line 'em up for a pic later.

Comment

Working...
                  X