11`s to 09`s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11`s to 09`s?

I was wondering what changes would occur on my fender strat if i was to go from 11`s to 09`s.This gtr has had thick strings on it from day one and ive had it since 1996.It has great action but the thick strings,tuned down a half step are still hard to play.Im considering putting lighter strings on it if the gtr doesnt go into shock.
    "The cup floats pretty good till you get 2 or 3 people on it"~Vinnie Paul

You might need to adjust the truss rod slightly. And of course re-intonate.
    Scott

Comment

If you notice any string buzz, be sure and check the nut. It may be grooved too deeply from the heavier gauged strings.
      "POOP"

Comment

Cool,thanks guys.

Comment

Agreed with above, and also might have to lower the action, and lessen the spring tension on the trem if it has one.
          You should be fine though.
          'Howling in shadows
          Living in a lunar spell
          He finds his heaven
          Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

The biggest change that you're gonna witness is that you'll have awesome vibrato.
            I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

ive been playing on it since i changed my strings last night.Theres a buzz here and there but now its like playing on rubber bands.Im thinking of maybe changing the nut out after a gig soon.

Comment

Working...
              X