Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bad pickups?

Excuse my noob question I'd ask at harmony central but I hate those fags

Can pickups go bad? I got this old ibanez I picked up to play around with but the neck pickup is dead. The wiring is ok, the switch works as I tried a different pickup, but I get no sound out of it. Can they die? I am replacing a pickup in my model 6 so I can try swapping that one and see what the deal is..

Yes, they can as far as I know. A pickup in an old guitar I had went bad and it wasn't wiring either. I'll leave the details to someone who knows what they're talking about. I find it kinda confusing but that's because I'm horrible at wiring and electronics.
    "Dear Dr. Bill,
    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

k i think so because I took the wire from the other pickup and put it on the switch and it worked so I guess pickups can die, how tho I don't know.

Comment

The north south wires can break under the tape and kill one. I have a humbucker with 1 dead coil but it still sounds killer.
        Always check with a meter to see if the pickup is good before you try to install it.
        You could have wired it wrong too.Maybe?
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
        X