Low fret?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low fret?

My Dinky Reverse has a terrible buzz at the 11th fret that I haven't been able to resolve. It's more prominent on the ADGB strings, but it's buzzy on the E's as well. A quick check with a 6" steel rule sure looks like a low 11th fret, rather than a high fret at the 12th. The frets are in great shape, but I'm guessing I'm going to need a leveling done? Is there anything else I can check/tweak? Truss rod and action adjustments haven't done the trick.
    Your friendly neighborhood import whore :: '08 DK2M, '08 DKMG, '03 KVX10, '94 Dinky Rev.

well you could try hammering in all the other frets in case they are all popping out lol. or you could just replace the 11th fret entirely and file it down on it's own and then once its almost at the next one's do a whole fret mill. i would only do that if the 11th fret is really really low out of no where.

Comment

The fact that it is more prominent on the ADGB makes me think that it might be a problem of fretboard radius vs bridge saddles radius.

Check the radii with a Stew-Mac radius gauge and make sure that they are the same, if not you can install a bridge saddle metal shim under the ADGB saddles and re-adjust the action.

Comment

Working...
      X