Peavey Wolfgang humbucker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Wolfgang humbucker?

Yes, I know that this question probably should've been asked over at the Peavey-forums, but I've just bought a strat with a maple neck and I remember liking the sound in a Wolfgang I had a while back..What pickup would you guys say would be fairly close to the sound in a Wolfgang?
    The strat I bought has a vintage trem that I'm not planning on using, does any of you have a tips on how to get as much sustain as possible out of the trem?

Any help is appreciated, cheers!
    My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

I love the custom DiMarzio's tone in My Purple trans Artchtop..it rules. I would like to know this myself!!

It really has a awesome midrange punch and clarity that works so well with my Uberschall.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I think they were similar to DiMarzio Tone Zones or Air Zones. Though, maybe that's only for the original EBMM model and not the Wolfgang?
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I guess perhaps the Duncan '78 EVH might do the trick, but it's very pricey IMO..Any tips on a similar pickup to the EVH?

And Horns666, how much did you have to pay for your purple archtop?
        My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

Comment

A Custom Custom is supposed to be good for an EVH sound, too.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            A Custom Custom is supposed to be good for an EVH sound, too.
            I've heard this also, by quite a few people.

Wasn't EVH's original pickup out of a 1963 Gibson ES335? I seem to remember it was something like that. Anyway, I would think a '57 Classic or some other Gibson humbucker would give similar results, wouldn't it?
            'Howling in shadows
            Living in a lunar spell
            He finds his heaven
            Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Working...
            X