Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson kv2t owners?

Hey all,
    Any KV2t owners here? I have read that a few people have them so I wanted to know what you guys thought of them. I could be looking at buying one in the next week but I won't have the option of playing it before hand. I have a SL2H and RR1 so I'm familiar with jacksons in general, but every one of them can be very different beasts. How is the neck, thin or flat? Is it neck heavy, etc? Any opinions you can give me on it would help tons as I always rely on you guys for the most accurate info! Also, any pics would be awesome!

I have a KV2t , i love it ! but it is a completely different beast than an RR1 or SL2. Its banace is perfect , it balances better than any kv2 or RR1 i have played. the neck isn't as flat as the speed profile , but it is very comfortable, it may be due to the shorter scale which makes stretches very easy, thats the biggest difference with the kv2t is the short scale 24 frets if you have big hands it gets tight after the 17 fret. tone wise its a monster , thick, heavy tone compared to my RR1, its a great guitar overall . good luck

Comment

Thanks KBRR! Yes, I was worried about the neck profile. I like thin necks but my RR1 is a little thicker. I dont have huge hands (which is why I considered the short scale of the KV2t in the first place!) so I like the idea of easy stretches!

Comment

I have some KV2's, a Y2KV, RR1, and a KV2T. The KV2T is an incredible guitar. Someone here will be able to confrim this, but I believe the neck profile and frets are the same as the RR1. If you are looking for a bit thinner neck, the KV2 or Y2KV would probably be more to your liking. To me, the true jumbo frets on the RR1 and KV2T also make the neck feel beefier compared to the medium jumbos on the KV2 and Y2KV. Being an old Gibson flying V guy, the TOM bridge, 24.75 scale and all mahogany construction feels like home - except Jackson quality and workmanship is light years ahead of Gibson. The KV2T does not disappoint in any way!!!!

Comment

Do you guys know what sort of price these KV2T's go for?

Comment

I have seen some used on Ebay for as low as $1000 USD. The ones posted on seller's websites are around $2200 and up to $2600 for graphics.

Comment

Working...
            X