Tight pots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tight pots?

I find the volume/tone pots on my SL2H are kinda tight or stiff...meaning it's harder to do a smooth volume swell, etc. Is there any way that I can "loosen" them up a bit without replacing the pot? I really like the action on a Les Paul pot....nice and smooth. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

I had that prob before, I think that I used contact cleaner or WD-40, not sure, but it definitely needs some lube of some sort.
    If it's too tight....spit on it
    'Howling in shadows
    Living in a lunar spell
    He finds his heaven
    Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Contact cleaner helps.

Also ... you can try taking an exacto knife and carefully lifting the tabs that secure the pot casing slightly.
      Sometimes, the casings on those pots are crimped too tight and bind up all the internal workings which makes it feel "stiff".

Comment

Contact cleaner will loosen them up. Just a small spray in one of the openings is all you need.
        -Chris

Comment

awesome guys...thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Model1VH2 View Post
            Contact cleaner helps.

Also ... you can try taking an exacto knife and carefully lifting the tabs that secure the pot casing slightly.
            Sometimes, the casings on those pots are crimped too tight and bind up all the internal workings which makes it feel "stiff".
            You know, I forgot all about those tabs.:idea:
            I even had a pot torn apart last week to soak it, so I could clean it out and rebuild. (Too lazy to go buy a new one)
            Thanks for the reminder about those.
            'Howling in shadows
            Living in a lunar spell
            He finds his heaven
            Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

I had one that would no turn at all, contact cleaner did it for me. http://www.deoxit.com/
              Just one more guitar!

Comment

Working...
              X