Removing stickers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing stickers

What would be the best way to remove a sticker from the face of a guitar??? Any help will be appreciated!

Razorblade it!!! J/K. i use this stuff called goo be gone or goop be gone. i cant remember exactly but its one of those. i just pour it on, let it sit for a lil bit, then start scraping it away with a plastic putty knife. others may have a better way.....

Comment

You can also try WD-40. I know it will remove the stickygoo stuff.

Comment

Is it a vinyl sticker by chance? Then use a hairdryer.

Comment

WD40, Goo Gone, Hair Dryer ...
          Last edited by Model1VH2; 09-08-2008, 07:29 PM.

Comment

The finish could be darker/lighter under the sticker, so do a small test area first, or you'll have the halo-effect forever, which may or may not look worse than the sticker.
            Hair-dryer, careful fingernail, wd-40
            "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
            --floydkramer

Comment

Ive used goo gone and a guitar pick to scrape the stickers off. Then used rubbing compund to get the remainder of the goo off. Then polished it with meguiers.
              Gil

Comment

Thanks guys!!!

Comment

Be careful if you have a nitro lacquer finish (ala Gibson) - only use naptha (lighter fluid) as an agent...I think Goo Gone is mostly naptha, but I would avoid WD 40 if that's the case...
                  Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

Its on a 2002ish Jackson Kelly so I don't think its nitros....right???

Comment

Originally posted by sparky View Post
                      Its on a 2002ish Jackson Kelly so I don't think its nitros....right???
                      Highly doubt it, it should be a pretty bullet-proof finish. FWIW, always test new cleaners, solvents, etc in an inconspicuous place on the guitar (pickup cavity, trem cavity, etc) before plowing whole-hog into dumping it onto the front of it - you just never know when you might be pouring acetone on it!
                      Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

I've used lighter fluid before to good effect. It'll get the residues left from the sticker go away in no time.

Comment

Luckily it was a foil type sticker and came off in 2 pieces without leaving any glue residue!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X