Adrian Smith Signature model Jackson Strat Head Guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adrian Smith Signature model Jackson Strat Head Guitar

ironmaiden.com has an article on adrian smith (guitarist of iron maiden, shame on anyone who doesn't know that) and his signature model strat. sadly, the prototype was stolen. but eventually it will be coming out. does anyone here have any info on this they can share? I would kill to get one of these!

Well, it's a Jackson-logoed Strat-head, with a Strat-style body, bolt-on neck, and a Floyd.

Anything beyond that is:
    A: inconsequential
    B: anybody's guess

I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

There's been rumours of a signature model for a while now, but nothing substantial - obviously Adrian using them more or less exclusively on the 'SBIT' tour is a promising start, but who knows if it will go anywhere....
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Well, since "the one and only" is now MIA, I don't see it going anywhere
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I imagine it wil be a H-S-S White body with black scratchplate and maple neck and fretboard.
          All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

I'm assuming the final model will end up very similar to the prototype, and because it's been nicked Maiden have posted its specs and a picture on thier website so people will be able to identify it. I suppose that's good for us so we can drool over it!

Originally posted by www.ironmaiden.com
            DESCRIPTION:
            JACKSON STRAT COL. WHITE ADRIAN SMITH SIGNATURE MODEL, WHITE SCRATCH PLATE
            EBONY FRETBOARD
            ADRIAN SMITH SIGNATURE ON FRONT OF HEADSTOCK
            HUMBUCKER BRIDGE PICK-UP
            TWO SINGLE COIL PICK-UPS
            RECTANGULAR BLACK MOULDED JACKSON GUITAR CASE.
            I like maple fretboards. :P

Comment

Well there's loads of pics on the web of Adrian and his new Jacksons so the specs are no surprise (He had four new ones - 2 maple board black guard, 2 ebony with white guard), and so I wouldn't read too much into there being pics of it on the Maiden website. Plenty of artists have custom shop Jacksons but that doesn't mean they all get production signature models.... but let's hope it happens in this case!

Comment

true on the above...but...most artists guitars don't have their signature on the headstock...that kinda points in the direction of a model to be forthcoming...d.m.
                http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

If the guitar pictured became a sig model, I'd be very interested in one. Just wish it had the smaller strathead-sized logo.

Comment

Originally posted by diablomozart View Post
                    true on the above...but...most artists guitars don't have their signature on the headstock...that kinda points in the direction of a model to be forthcoming...d.m.
                    Yeah, that signature on the headstock does make it stick out.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I LOVE that logo! it is definitely a signature model. I read an interview with him saying he hopes to get it out by years end. I just hope they offer it with a maple neck also.

Comment

The neck is maple.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
                          Well there's loads of pics on the web of Adrian and his new Jacksons so the specs are no surprise (He had four new ones - 2 maple board black guard, 2 ebony with white guard), and so I wouldn't read too much into there being pics of it on the Maiden website. Plenty of artists have custom shop Jacksons but that doesn't mean they all get production signature models.... but let's hope it happens in this case!
                          You're right, but like diablomozart said, I did notice that his signature is on the headstock before I posted the pic. That does suggest that it isn't just a custom, but is probably some kind of prototype for his sig model.

It's a shame it doesn't give any info on what the pickups are.
                          I like maple fretboards. :P

Comment

He's used DiMarzio Super Distortions in the bridge of his strats for years, so that would seem likely....

Comment

their dimarzio's. super distortion bridge, and i'm not sure on the singles. I know the neck is maple on the earlier comment. i meant the fretboard, lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X