Pinstripes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinstripes

So I want pinstripes on my custom, will Jackson do ESP Alexi style ones? Because they're really just like vintage pins without the middle bar stripes. Observe:

I can't see how that would be a problem. Unless you're trying to get round the ban on ordering a Concorde by changing the pinstripes slightly, in which case, that wouldn't work....
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

y'know, it could fall into the artist similar category....

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
        y'know, it could fall into the artist similar category....

sully
        An ESP artist?

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I remember Hamer doing pins like that long before ESP.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

yeah, but i don't think jackson differentiates between brands when it comes to artist similar. only one way to find out, though.
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I thought it was just Jackson artist similar. Alexi did use Jacksons but was never officially endorsed. Here's one with green pinstripes similar to one Alexi played. I don't think it would be a big deal if they made the pins thicker like on the ESP, but you're right; only one way to find out.

Comment

^ i want that guitar, seriously!

Comment

OT: Thank you for the pic, toejam. One of my dream axe-layouts there.

Isn't there a vintage-option for the pins in ordering sheet or am I completely lost?
                Distractress

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  I thought it was just Jackson artist similar. Alexi did use Jacksons but was never officially endorsed. Here's one with green pinstripes similar to one Alexi played. I don't think it would be a big deal if they made the pins thicker like on the ESP, but you're right; only one way to find out.
                  Where did you get pictuer of this guitar? Do you have more?

Here are pics of one guitar I found on the internet:

VERY similar, somebody probably ordered a nice duo! Or is one of them photoshopped?

EDIT: Oh yeah, definitely photoshopped...just look at the "case candy" arrangement...easy giveaway.....
                  Last edited by Nazgul; 09-04-2008, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Schizo_dave View Post
                    ^ i want that guitar, seriously!
                    Anyway, if the CS is making troubles about the pinstripes, why don't you order the guitar without them and find a good airbrusher to make the job after market?
                    '90 (8?) Jackson Soloist Professional
                    '97 Jackson RR1 Pile o'skulls
                    '97 Gibson Les Paul Classic
                    '92 Fender Strat scallop
                    '97 BC Rich perfect Bich
                    '99 Burns Brian May black beauty

Comment

Here is a tip to get around the artist similar BS. Just make a drawing of how you want the pinstripes and fax it to them.

The moment you say "I want them like a ESP" they say "No"

Comment

It would be a little bit ironic that Jackson wouldn't build a guitar, because it would look similar to a guitar that is basically a Jackson rip off!
                        What do you mean, "I don't believe in God"? I talk to him every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
                          Where did you get pictuer of this guitar? Do you have more?

Here are pics of one guitar I found on the internet:

VERY similar, somebody probably ordered a nice duo! Or is one of them photoshopped?

EDIT: Oh yeah, definitely photoshopped...just look at the "case candy" arrangement...easy giveaway.....
                          I found both of those pics online awhile ago and just saved them. I don't know whose they are.

Two years ago, Mike (Bonghits) and I were thinking of one with green pins, but then we spec'd out a black one with yellow bevels, similar to that one above, from Matt's Music, with a non-recessed trem and EMG 89 with PA2 booster, and reverse sharks (also inlay on 24th fret), but neither of us took delivery. There were three made, and at least one person here has one.
                          Here's what it looks like...

Comment

^ You just brought back alot of bad memories Joe.
                            "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

And good ones as well. Just lemme know when you're ready to place our order.
                              "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Working...
                              X