Headstock logo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headstock logo

Ok, so I won this guitar off eBay. The seller said that there was a nick on the headstock, no problem...most of the Jacksons i own have some sort of nick n dent. Well, on this particular guitar, the whole headstock label is peeling off. Instead of the headstock being painted and the logo being a watermark, the whole headstock is a label of a sort. Did Jackson apply some type of glued on headstock sticker???? It's a glossy type of thing of a thick plastic. It looks like most of my MADE IN USA ones. The neck does look like it's original.

I'll try and get some pictures but I thought I'd just see what people had to say.

This is a made in USA 1989 custom Jackson.

joe...
    www.godwentpunk.com
    www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Pics please.

Comment

I believe Jackson did use a water transfer decal at one point. Altho i thought they were under the clear coat. not on top. But if it is a custom shop it couldve been ordered that way.
      Gil

Comment

Sounds like the entire headstock laminate is lifting. The laminate is basically the thick plastic you see. It's a cap on the headstock.
        Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack The Riffer View Post
          Sounds like the entire headstock laminate is lifting. The laminate is basically the thick plastic you see. It's a cap on the headstock.

bingo... That would be it.

I wonder is Jackson could fix this...I have an authorized jackson repair shop here in Chicago.

joe...
          www.godwentpunk.com

Comment

GWP if your dealer cant fix it. the guys that do the repairs at my store can. They ae some of the best if not the best in Chicago. I trust them with my gear. (well for stuff i cant do anyway). Villa Park GC the tech is there wed 4-8 and sat 12-4. If youre interested.
            Gil

Comment

Gil, my guys are Third Cost too. But, Villa Park is a lot closer than going to their store on Racine. I think the biggest issue is that the laminate on this headstock has pieces missing and I'd want an entire replacement. Maybe a call to them to see what they can do is on order.

joe...
              www.godwentpunk.com

Comment

Joe. If ya need a whole new over lay. And it is warranty. 3Rd coast can do it. Yo would need a registered tech to be a mediator to send it back. And i was saying to come to Villa. Maybe i wasnt speachin right cus i was tired when i wroted that last post. But yeah They are awesome guys and will do what ever needed to make sure its right.
                Gil
                Duh i just reread a few posts in this thread and realized its a used guitar. But yeah 3rd coast can still do it. And even maybe get an over lay from Jackson.

Comment

Darn I should have asked for Chicago guitar shops when I was there on vacation a few weeks ago.
                  Scott

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
                    Joe. If ya need a whole new over lay. And it is warranty. 3Rd coast can do it. Yo would need a registered tech to be a mediator to send it back. And i was saying to come to Villa. Maybe i wasnt speachin right cus i was tired when i wroted that last post. But yeah They are awesome guys and will do what ever needed to make sure its right.
                    Gil
                    Duh i just reread a few posts in this thread and realized its a used guitar. But yeah 3rd coast can still do it. And even maybe get an over lay from Jackson.
                    Since this cap is really old, I'm guessing that Jackson does not have any more of these lying around. I'm hoping that Jackson will send them a new logo for them to reapply. The headstock will need to be sanded, primed and painted then.

Nate asked me to get him some pictures first but all 3 of my camera are not working

joe...
                    www.godwentpunk.com

Comment

Working...
                    X