Issue with pickups in a Model 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with pickups in a Model 5

I just got a Charvel Model 5 today and everything looks great but the pickups done seem to work correctly or maybe I am just doing something wrong. The guitar has almost no output. Doesn't matter how hard I hit the strings or jiggle things it sometimes works but mostly doesn't. Really hard to tune or play through and amp this way. Also if you can't already tell I am fairly new with fixing guitars but I am hoping that I can do most the stuff myself.

Thanks
    -jason

Could be a bad output jack. Do you have a nearby shop that can service it?

Comment

If it's a stock Model 5, you need a fresh 9 volt battery for the active electronics.

-edit- just saw your other post saying it has Duncans in it. It still may have the original active preamp. Only way to be sure is to take off the electronics cavity cover & have a look. If it has the preamp, replace the battery.
      Last edited by dg; 08-28-2008, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
        If it's a stock Model 5, you need a fresh 9 volt battery for the active electronics.

-edit- just saw your other post saying it has Duncans in it. It still may have the original active preamp. Only way to be sure is to take off the electronics cavity cover & have a look. If it has the preamp, replace the battery.
        Thanks DG, It was missing the 9 volt. I just figured that since someone butchered it and put duncans in that they removed the pre-amp. Have to say the wiring job they did is horrible. Looks like a rats nest. That is definitely going to have to be cleaned up.

Comment

Working...
        X