Jackson Floyds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Floyds

Is there anywhere where I can find information on the various incarnations of Jackson Floyds. For example, how to identify them, there relative quality, etc?

There's probably something on here some where.
    But i'll give it a shot.
    JT6 is the JAckson designed trem made in indonisia i think. It has the fiune tuners around the string block screws. And has removable steel pivot blades.
    JT580. Looks kind like a floyd but i blieve there were 2 versions of this.
    1 being the non locking bridge. where the strings went through what looked like the string block screws but actually were the string tube.
    V2 IIRC was similar to the floyd but made more like the Ibanez TRSII trem.
    The JT590. MAde by Schaller in germany. says so on the treble side of the base plate.
    Its very similar to the OFR but not identical. The main differnaces are the string block screws are shorter. The pivot points are actual blades much like the JT6 but arent removable. Base plate is stamped hardened steel vs the OFR being forged steel. I think.
    I may have that backwards. But visually the 590 trem is a bit thinner in the baseplate IIRC. And a slightly smaller sustain block. And like i said above the shorter string block screws.
    Im sure if im wrong. and i probably am in a few things. Some one will be along shortly to correct me.
    Gil

Comment

http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/TremoloInfoProject.htm

Comment

Damn, I was just getting ready to paste the link, and I saw that you did already!
        Henrik's site should just about cover any question you would have.
        'Howling in shadows
        Living in a lunar spell
        He finds his heaven
        Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Actually, the sticky in this section has good info and pics of these trems. Scroll down to post #8:
          http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52679
          "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Very cool, thanks a bunch. Tons of information. So based on this, the 2 best LFR are the JT590 and JT580LP. Is that correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Aaronharmon View Post
              Very cool, thanks a bunch. Tons of information. So based on this, the 2 best LFR are the JT590 and JT580LP. Is that correct?
              Yes I would agree with that. I have a JT580LoPro on my KV3 and I like it. It's held up just fine and it stays in tune quite well.
              I have the JT590 on my King V Standard Professional and I like it as well. No complaints about either.
              Some say the knife edges wear prematurely, but I've always put a tiny bit of grease on the knife edges and pivots to lubricate the metal to metal contact. I wipe it clean and re grease about twice a year. That trick works very well for me.
              'Howling in shadows
              Living in a lunar spell
              He finds his heaven
              Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Working...
              X