Recessed Neck Plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recessed Neck Plate

I've never seen this option before, and I gotta say that I'm really diggin' it! I think I might do this to my next project actually.
    Does anyone have this recess on their guitars?

'Howling in shadows
    Living in a lunar spell
    He finds his heaven
    Spewing from the mouth of hell'

I also like where the output jack is located. It routes the cable right up to your strap, instead of straight down for you to step on. I like this option also.

I used to have a Kramer that was Sea Foam Green, and this Charvel sort of reminds me of it. I found this Charvel on ebay, actually it's probably still on there. I sometimes save pictures to use as reference photo's when building or modding guitars.
    'Howling in shadows
    Living in a lunar spell
    He finds his heaven

Comment

A lot of Jackson USA bolt-ons have this feature.
      Here's my PC1... love the recessed plate.
      Makes it pretty much flush with the body.
      -Rick

Comment

I've got the same neck joint on my '96 Charvel. While it's not as sleek as an Ibanez AANJ or the complete lack of the neck joint (e.g. a neck-thru Soloist), it's pretty good.

Comment

That's SICK! I went looking on Ebay for it, found another one but with the reseesed Floyd instead. The one of above is killer, I don't think I could dream up a better looking guitar with the features, especially the way the jack is placed to get your cord going up behind ya. Looks like I'm saving up for a 2008 Custom Shop
          Fender Stratocaster Custom Shop Custom Classic
          Fender Stratocaster Eric Clapton sig
          Fender Telecaster Standard MM
          Jackson Dinky DKMGT
          Jackson Stealth EX
          Charvel 375
          Ibanez Daytripper
          OLP Musicman
          Carvin C250

Mesa 5:50 Express
          Sonic 4 x 12

Comment

Thanks for the photo of your neck joint Rjohnstone. If the USA bolt ons have this feature then that's real cool man. I thought it was like a custom option or something. I'd imagine that it would feel better, and not as thick. I like it alot, and also that jack plate angle also. Are there any production models out there with the angled strat jack on it?
            'Howling in shadows
            Living in a lunar spell
            He finds his heaven

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
              A lot of Jackson USA bolt-ons have this feature.
              Here's my PC1... love the recessed plate.
              Makes it pretty much flush with the body.

Not real familiar with the PC1's. I have seen them before, but never really payed much attention to them. Why does it take 2 9 volts? Also, I would like to see more pictures of that guitar. I have never seen an unfinished jackson before. I am digging it. They are finished on top right?
              Last edited by Aaronharmon; 08-23-2008, 09:13 PM.

Comment

That's my favorite output jack style - Hamer Californian.

JEMs have a good idea going, too, but you have to be more careful with the plug, since the jack area is painted. The Californian style jack is the best I've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaronharmon View Post
                  Not real familiar with the PC1's. I have seen them before, but never really payed much attention to them. Why does it take 2 9 volts? Also, I would like to see more pictures of that guitar. I have never seen an unfinished jackson before. I am digging it. They are finished on top right?
                  Here's the front.

The two 9 Volt batteries are for the sustainer system.

The rest of the specs...
                  http://www.jacksonguitars.com/produc...tno=2803050879
                  -Rick

Comment

Working...
                  X