Problems with the input jack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with the input jack

Hey guys, I got a USA rr1 and my problem is that one of the wires came off of the input jack, so when I plug in it makes no sound. My other problem is that the wires are too small in length and I cannot get them out far enough to solder comfortably. Would I be able to use a wire from one of my garbage pups? if so how do I know which wire to use? any help and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, you can use a wire from a pickup. I suggest to use a wire w/ the same color to save on confusion, but any wire would work.

Just don't use a non shielded wire cause it will come into contact with other parts of the jack and you don't want that.
    'Howling in shadows
    Living in a lunar spell
    He finds his heaven
    Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

oh no dont use an old garbage pick up wire!! the guitar is useless now just sell it to me!! just kiddin'. yeah i agree with ^^ use the same color, wrap it with some electrical tape to keep it from touchin eachother or anything else and you'll be good to go

Comment

Go to RadioShack and spend the 5 bucks for a color coated extension. You might want to get some heat shrink to cover the connection. The better job you do upfront, the less problems you will have in the future.

Comment

Not to get too technical, but that's an output jack, not an input.

Comment

Originally posted by Danno View Post
            Not to get too technical, but that's an output jack, not an input.
            Ummmm.....Switchcraft, Allparts, WDmusic, Warmoth, Fender, Gibson, Jackson, etc. all refer to this jack as "Input".

Comment

Does your amp input to the guitar, or does the guitar output to the amp?
              Scott

Comment

Originally posted by ulijdavid View Post
                Ummmm.....Switchcraft, Allparts, WDmusic, Warmoth, Fender, Gibson, Jackson, etc. all refer to this jack as "Input".
                It's not an input jack though, as signal goes into the jack from the cable, but goes out. Otherwise, the sound would come from the guitar and you would be playing the amp

Comment

What about if you're playing Nigel's Jackson/Marshall guitar?
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The input is the pickup.

Comment

Working...
                    X