Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Dimas or negative?

Have a line on this, here's the photo I was given

Serial 241x, that isn't a San Dimas Jackson bolt on serial is it? Any thoughts? Plate claims San Dimas....for what that's worth

That would be an early Ontario built guitar. Probably does have a San Dimas plate though.

Comment

Serials 1506 - 7303 are SD plates, but the guitars were built in Ontario.
      -Rick

Comment

Thanks guys- That's what I thought, at least according to the Jackson serials list. Does it look like a C/J otherwise? 22 fretter, was that normal back then for the bolts?

Asking $600 for it. I'm not in a position though that I could see it first hand.

Vass

Comment

Looks legit.
          $600 is a decent price. Looks like someone did a Floyd upgrade on it too.
          -Rick

Comment

I'd hafta see pics of the route before I called Upgrade on it. It may have come with a Floyd bridge and Kahler nut. Or the neck may have been swapped for a Kahlered one.

Then again, that looks like the Kahler "lawsuit" nut that is identical in operation and quality to a Floyd nut, but it's still mounted behind the regular nut, so that point is moot.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Looks like the JT6 was swapped for a Floyd. What nut does it have?
              Just one more guitar!

Comment

I owned that guitar, sold it to a dude in CA, he traded it to Guitar Center. Only problem was that the first fret needed to be filed, it was a tad high and the high E string would rattle when playing an "F" chord at the first fret. It originally had a JT-6, I put that Floyd on there. And I installed those period correct Jackson pickups, which actually sounded pretty good. Ask Guitar Center if that fret is cool, it was the only flaw. Nice neck, great tone, easy playability, and the color is cooler than on their site. And of course, it's a true Strat body, not Dinky, kinda cool.
                "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                Gotta get away from here.
                Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

If that's from GC in El Toro, I almost bought it a few months ago. They had it for over a grand and I got them down to 750, but when it came down to it I did notice the fret issue and it I just wasn't excited enough at the price.

Comment

Working...
                  X