Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sustainiac without drilling?

Hey guys-

Am considering adding a sustainer to my Fusion Pro. As you know, it has holes for 2 pots, a mini switch, & a blade. I would very much prefer not go drilling holes in it, as I would like to be able to "switch it back" to its original form with the Jackson mid-sweep electronics.

Is there a way to do this? Seems as though the answer is "no" with the Fernadez sustainer, as it needs 2 mini switches. The sustainiac seems to be open to using push-pull pots.... is there a way to put TWO push pulls on, with the first one controlling volume/push-pull to engage sustainer, second push pull, either tone when pushed in or intensity when pulled out, and just wire harmonic/sustain/mix mode through the mini switch?

Or ANY other wiring that will preserve normal functionality (vol/tone) while adding all the sustainer functions, again, without touching a drill?

Vass

I haven't got my Sustainiac hooked up at the moment, but as I recall it did come with 2 push/pulls and no toggles.

I had it in an older USA Jackson, and didn't have to drill for it.

Volume pot/switch turns it on and the Tone selects between the harmonic modes, and functions as a regular tone when the unit is off.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thanks Newc- If that's the way they're wired then I'm going to be a happy guy. Thinking of hooking it up with a Super Distortion- I don't have any DiMarzios atm & wanted to get something different (for me) going.

Vass

Comment

Working...
      X