Need some help with JE1200 circuity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help with JE1200 circuity

I was trying to attach one of the wires from the JE1200 back to it and it seems like I fucked up the connection on the board DOH.

Here's the pic:

See the red circled area....there was a small metal "circle" originally on the board to which the wire was supposed to be soldered...but that "circle" fell out and I can't solder the wire to anything now . FYI, this wire is going to the ground tip on the output jack.

Anyway, what I did now, was soldered the wire to the connection next to it which seems to be on the "same path"...you can see that on the picture too.

My question is..is this going to work that way??

I didn't try it out yet, because I though I'd ask here before I attend anything further...

Thanks.

It will blow up.
    Try it.

how can it not?
    it was connected on the circuit path?
    should be golden, right?

Seems like a single layer board.

Sometimes, they have 2/3/4/5 layers... so... you can't always assume much.

I say try it.

"Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
    --floydkramer

Comment

Originally posted by nhspike View Post
      It will blow up.
      Try it.

how can it not?
      it was connected on the circuit path?
      should be golden, right?

Seems like a single layer board.

Sometimes, they have 2/3/4/5 layers... so... you can't always assume much.

I say try it.

I agree. I was worried that there could be multiple layers with less obvious paths going on, but I just took a peek at my Model 6's board and it looks like 1 layer. On mine, that spot is wired to the battery, and the adjacent one (next one up in your pic) goes to the jack tip, just like in this schematic:

http://audiozone.dk/cm/displayimage....491&fullsize=1
      Last edited by dg; 08-09-2008, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
        I agree. I was worried that there could be multiple layers with less obvious paths going on, but I just took a peek at my Model 6's board and it looks like 1 layer. On mine, that spot is wired to the battery, and the adjacent one (next one up in your pic) goes to the jack tip, just like in this schematic:

http://audiozone.dk/cm/displayimage....491&fullsize=1
        So I should have no problem if I just leave it like that?

Yeah, it goes to the battery, I'm following that same diagram actually! It was a typo when writing the first post.

Comment

I think it's OK, but to be safe, do you have a multi-meter? You could test for continuity between the original location and the spot you are now soldered to. That way, you would know whether you were about to short something out. Not sure how much damage 9V will do, but I have seen a 9V battery melt wires, so I imagine it could ruin some of the small components if you left it hooked up for a while and it was wrong.

Comment

I'm afraid I don't have it :/. How would I check that btw?

Comment

Some multimeters have a continuity function, and will give an an audible beep when you have continuity. Otherwise, you can test the resistance. You'll get an infinity reading if there's no continuity, and zero (or a very low resistance reading) if you have continuity.

Comment

Working...
              X