bridge hum suggestions for my strat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bridge hum suggestions for my strat

ok i've decided that to maximise my strats sonic capabilities i'm ditching the singlecoil and replacing it with a hum. I would mostly be using my strat for blues and funk (taken care of by the remaining 2 singlecoils) which would also branch out in to melodic rock, pop, and no more than a classic 80s rock overdrive - quite bright but with a mid range punch. My preferred brand is dimarzio. I have been suggested a virtual vintage blues stacked singlecoil but i don't know whether that would provide me with the sound i'm thinking of. I want something that isn't too contrasting with the singlecoils so nothing particularly hot or hi output as my requirements suggest. Any ideas would be great.

tone zone s or the copper.
    I have used the tone zone and loved it.
    Last edited by Rich#6; 08-06-2008, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
      ok i've decided that to maximise my strats sonic capabilities i'm ditching the singlecoil and replacing it with a hum. I would mostly be using my strat for blues and funk (taken care of by the remaining 2 singlecoils) which would also branch out in to melodic rock, pop, and no more than a classic 80s rock overdrive - quite bright but with a mid range punch. My preferred brand is dimarzio. I have been suggested a virtual vintage blues stacked singlecoil but i don't know whether that would provide me with the sound i'm thinking of. I want something that isn't too contrasting with the singlecoils so nothing particularly hot or hi output as my requirements suggest. Any ideas would be great.
      The dimarzio PAF pro
      this pup goes great with singles and has a clear,clean tone with a nice humbucking paf type fattness
      output is medium not high

here read all about it,

The PAF Pro® was created when chops-intensive playing was first starting to happen, and high-gain amps and rack systems were getting popular. A pickup was needed that combined a lot of presence and "cut" with an open-sounding PAF® vibe. The transparency of its sound lets the PAF Pro® slice through heavy processing, where darker-sounding pickups get lost in the mud of the effects chain. Low notes have both snap and chunk, and there is a spike in the mid-range that gives the pickup a subtle "aw" vowel sound, like a wah-wah pedal stopped in the middle. Treble response is tweaked, so high notes stand out without getting brittle. The PAF Pro® makes an outstanding neck pickup in almost any guitar, and it's an exceptional bridge pickup when high output isn't required.
      Recommended For: The PAF Pro® is a dependable choice right across the board - neck and bridge positions, solid-body, semi-hollow and hollow body guitars are equally effective uses.
      Tech Talk: As a bridge pickup, it's really effective with single-coils, because it won't drown them out with too much power, and it's bright enough to blend in tone-wise.
      If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

Dropped a JB Jr. right into mine. No routing or carving needed, and it sounds great.
        I'm not Ron!

Comment

I have PAF Pro in the bridge of my strat with an HS-3 in the neck. Sounds great for the type of stuff you're describing.

Comment

Originally posted by Racerx2k View Post
            Dropped a JB Jr. right into mine. No routing or carving needed, and it sounds great.
            All modern usas come routed for bridge and neck hums now anyway so that wouldn't be an issue. Never was a fan of duncans tho...

Comment

Originally posted by savage View Post
              The dimarzio PAF pro
              this pup goes great with singles and has a clear,clean tone with a nice humbucking paf type fattness
              output is medium not high

here read all about it,

The PAF Pro® was created when chops-intensive playing was first starting to happen, and high-gain amps and rack systems were getting popular. A pickup was needed that combined a lot of presence and "cut" with an open-sounding PAF® vibe. The transparency of its sound lets the PAF Pro® slice through heavy processing, where darker-sounding pickups get lost in the mud of the effects chain. Low notes have both snap and chunk, and there is a spike in the mid-range that gives the pickup a subtle "aw" vowel sound, like a wah-wah pedal stopped in the middle. Treble response is tweaked, so high notes stand out without getting brittle. The PAF Pro® makes an outstanding neck pickup in almost any guitar, and it's an exceptional bridge pickup when high output isn't required.
              Recommended For: The PAF Pro® is a dependable choice right across the board - neck and bridge positions, solid-body, semi-hollow and hollow body guitars are equally effective uses.
              Tech Talk: As a bridge pickup, it's really effective with single-coils, because it won't drown them out with too much power, and it's bright enough to blend in tone-wise.
              That sounded pretty helpful! I'll bear that in mind whilst i decide what i'm doing...

Comment

Working...
              X