Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSR Tuner Help!

Hey All
    I need some help on my LSR's. I am very new to these tuners and need some assistance with the auto-clamp part. I have read the instructions and have (2) tuners, that when turned clockwise wont drop the string part all the way down and snap. It comes down, but if you put your string through and start to twist counter-clockwise to tighten the clamp nothing happens. Is there some adjustment that needs to be made at the top?
    Any help from you LSR veterans and I would be very grateful.
    Thanks
    Kevin
    "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

grab an allen wrench, and I believe it is clockwise that the inner screw needs tightened, its a small fit. I don't think Inter-tune is in business anymore, but that was the feedback I got from them when I had my KV1.

Comment

Actually, I just spoke to Joel from Intertune Inc.

they are still in business. they are re-engineering the tuners to be universal (lefty or righty, as opposed to seperate models).

here's the website, feel free to call them for any technical answers...nice guys.

http://members.aol.com/intertunei/LSR.tuners/

Comment

I guess I'm the LSR tuner whiz around here...

Comment

I've had a set...they were made of rubbish quality steel and the threads that go through the headstock to meet the collets on the other side went to hell. I didn't think the locking mechanism was good either, nor was garrotting my fingers trying to get the high e up to adequate tension to meet e before running out of turning range.

Comment

They were sourced from different factories. Sounds like you got some chinese ones.

The European ones are high qaulity all the way. Never had an issue. Just takes some getting used too.

Comment

Maybe, I forget where I got them from but they cost something like £100-150 if I recall correctly...so if they were Chinese I got fleeced!

Comment

Just an update, I spoke with the company? and they said they had no idea how to help. They also said they didn'y have any laying around they could change out for me. They have no clue when new production may begin, they dont have a manufacturer yet and its been over a year or so.

So i did some looking and had to do a deal with the devil himself, yes I got bent over by the dwarf devil... Ed Roman. His custom shop had a couple sets that they were saving for special projects. He had no black but said he could scrounge a gold set together if I wanted. I said I gotta have something.

Well I have a brand new gold set for $300.00. I only needed 2 black ones. So if any has a line on 2 black LSR tuners I would be very grateful and then I could sell these gold ones.
                "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Working...
                X