Mod for MXR Dynacomp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mod for MXR Dynacomp

I love this little pedal's tone and the incredible sustain. however, at band practise, at loud volumes it feedbacks like crazy. I've heard of this Ross Mod which is supposed to make this pedal more effective and less noisy. Can anyone provide any info on how to do that mod? Or any other mods for that matter.

yard dawg said that he has some info about the mods but I cant seem to be able to PM him.

thanks
    Sam

don't know about mods, but I recently added the MXR smartgate pedal to my board, and once I learned how to dial it in properly my rig is now MUCH more quiet and tight sounding.

goes like this: guitar -> TU2 -> Morley Tremonti Wah -> MXR EVH Phase90 -> VoodooLabs Analog Chorus -> MXR Flanger - > MXR Carbon Copy -> SmartGate -> AMP......

good luck

Comment

I had my Dynacomp modded at Cmatmods and it was great.

http://www.cmatmods.com/portal/Home/...aspx#Dyna_Comp

Comment

I have one with the Vodka mods that is killer. A buddy of mine built a MXR Dyna Comp clone and installed the Ross mods while he was building it. It sounds just like the Vodka mods in mine. I can hook you up with him if you like. Just PM me and I'll send you his email address.

Comment

PM sent.
          Currently, I'm using a ART levelar tube compressor. Its got a 12AX7. I think its the cleanest compressor I can get. Even at max o/p (+20db) it as quiet as a mouse. but the dynacomp is just beyond amazing. notes just sustain like anything. I've never heard of a sustain that's so good. Unfortunately, my bandmate's garage does not have good grounding and so its just plain impossible to use the dynacomp even at its lowest possible settings.
          Sam

Comment

Working...
          X