Removing Duncan logo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Duncan logo

I want to get a pair of Duncans for my LP but I don't want to ugly it up with Duncan logos on the pups.

I've used Goo Gone on a Dimarzio single coil cover to remove their logo and it worked really well. You can barely see where the logo was.

However, because the Duncans don't have a cover, I don't want to take a chance on messing up the pickup itself. I know I can order the pup without a logo but then I'd have to wait which I don't want to do unless I have to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just get some black insulation tape and tape over the logo. When you're ready to sell the pup, take the tape off. Or even better still, use permanent marker. I know I will never bid on a pup on the bay which the user claims he removed the logo.
    Sam

Comment

This has been discussed before on here and the Duncan Forum.
      http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...t=logo+removal

http://www.seymourduncan.com/forum/s...archid=1028652
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Not all of them come with the logos on them. THe Alnico IIs and I think 59s dont.
        http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Both of the '59s in my Morton have the logo, with 4-conductor wiring. And the Alnico II in the neck of my Brian Moore has the logo (also 4-conductor). Though, I think if you buy the single-conductor '59 set, they don't come with logos. Anyone can order the pickups direct from Duncan with or without logo, but I guess it depends on the guitar manufacturer if they want to put them in their guitars with or without a logo.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The SD logo wasn't always there. For a relative old timer like me, the logo is a new-fangled contraption

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              Thanks TJ. I did do a search for "logo removal" here but nothing came up. I didn't even think to look for a Duncan-specific forum.

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                Just get some black insulation tape and tape over the logo. When you're ready to sell the pup, take the tape off. Or even better still, use permanent marker. I know I will never bid on a pup on the bay which the user claims he removed the logo.
                Eh, I'm not too worried about that. Besides, I have a perfect 116 rating on the 'bay.

Comment

Once I figure out what I want, I'll just make sure to order one without a logo.

Comment

I used a sugar cube to remove the logo on my cell phone, once. Saw it in an article, so I figured I'd try it, there, first. Unfortunately, when I finally tried it on my pickup, it scratched the shit out of it. Obviously the cell phone had a harder plastic.
                    I'm not Ron!

Comment

Wonder if applying electrical tape or duct tape to the face of the pickup would "lift" the logo at all --- maybe gradually each time until it's gone.....

Comment

just order them with no logo. that simple. they are called shop floor customs and cost no more than regular ones. you just have to wait a bit longer for them to be custom made to your color specs. you can also order a shop floor custom with different screws, poles or slugs than the pickup normally comes with. like a JB with all slugs or a Jazz with allen head screws etc etc. anything dealing with poles and colors can be done as a shop floor custom at no upcharge. it's the custom winds and magnets that make the custom shops cost more.

-Mike
                        www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

I removed the "Duncan Designed" logos on a couple of pickups, which should be the same thing as what you want to do. What I did was use an automotive scratch remover similar to a polishing compound. It is not abrasive enough to scratch the p/u coil.

hint.....while using the polishing compound, I also used my fingernail and lightly scraped over the lettering and "helped" scratch it off. Then the compound keeps it nice and smooth while rubbing it. Worked great for me.
                          Guitars:
                          Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
                          1988 Model 2,
                          Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
                          RR3
                          Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
                          1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
                          2005 SG Special

Comment

Working...
                          X