Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J-50bc

New to the forum- 1st post
    I have had this pickup in my inventory for literally like 17 years and I have never used it. I understand it is supposed to have a JC-1000 active circuit, but I have never run across one. Does anyone know if I just use any old active circuit from guitarfetish.com or something or does it require the specific output properties of the JC-1000 otherwise ? I don't currently own a Jackson, but I would like to try it out in my old Charvette, which was my first guitar (yes that's how old I am), just to liven it up a bit. If anyone has ever tried to use one of these this way, I would appreciate any input.

this pickup sounds fine by itself in alder. doesn't nececarily need the active circetry, but i wouldn't mind trying with an EMG PA-2.
    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I like the tone without a boost in my Fusion. I know, the Fusion has the JE-1500 "wah" mid-sweep, but I really like the tone of the J50BC with nothing added.

Comment

It also came stock in the neck positon of the 750XL with no active electronic system, paired with a J80C in the bridge. Sounded pretty decent. The only Jackson pickup that really sounds bad & shouldn't be used without the active electronics is the J200 stacked hum.

Comment

Thanks for the input. I will install it at nearest opportunity and see how it works out.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
            The only Jackson pickup that really sounds bad & shouldn't be used without the active electronics is the J200 stacked hum.
            +1

In my Fusion they sound muddy without the mid sweep, but with the mid sweep they sound remarkably "stratty".

Comment

The jackson pickups are all passive so you can use them in any application.
              I have set of older J-50's in my 93 fusion H-H and it has a warm fat tone.I have another set in my 87 USA Jackson with the mid boost system and they sound great.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                It also came stock in the neck positon of the 750XL with no active electronic system, paired with a J80C in the bridge.
                I know this has very little bearing on the topic as such, but my 750XL had a J50B at the neck, not a J50BC.

Comment

The ceramic pickups always went in the bridge and the alnico to the neck.Sunbane is right on.

Comment

J50BC is a great pickup by itself too. I have it in poplar body RR and like the sound . Maybe too bassy on plam muted notes though...I have a 1meg pot lying around and will see if that helps...

Comment

Does J-50BC sound good without je-1200 ?

Comment

Yep it sure does.
                        Its a mid range out put pick up sort of PAF-ish.Nice and fat sounding even if it does have a ceramic magnet.
                        Great in mahogany,poplar,maple whatever.
                        Last edited by straycat; 12-05-2011, 02:51 AM.

Comment

Thanks for your reply!
                          Unfortunately,I just want to replace my EMG81 on a RR with ash body.And I have another RR with alder body .

Another question: Can I install a J-50bc on bridge and keep EMG85 on neck ?

Comment

Working...
                          X