Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats the best home repair ?

whats the best home repair , 1 sharkie MOP 7th frett ke2 ;

the bottom point ( 1/32 - 1/16 of an inch) broke and fell off ,and I don't have it

So is there a material I can get to fill in ? and if so , how would I seal it correctly ?

thanks in advance
    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

How do you break off a piece of inlay?

I have no idea how to fix it. My guess would be with a whole new inlay but I've never done it.
    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Good question - Idon't know when it happened ,I just noticed it last string change.

It seems like on the prs factory tour vids , when doing the inlays - the woman rubbed in some kind of substance to fill in the gaps - it's purly cosmetic (and unless your front and center and looking hard ,you'll never see it)but that kinda thing bugs me ??

Comment

If ya bought it new. Send it back to Jackson and have them fix it under warranty. call them first and mention what happened. They should take care of it no problem. Something like this is covered under the manufacturers limited lifetime warranty.
        Gil

Comment

Nah ,I bought it used about 5 yrs ,anyway it's just me being ocd about it anyway , but does anyone know what that fill in material is called and possibly a vendor ??

Comment

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Inlay,_pearl.html

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post

Good question - Idon't know when it happened ,I just noticed it last string change.

It seems like on the prs factory tour vids , when doing the inlays - the woman rubbed in some kind of substance to fill in the gaps - it's purly cosmetic (and unless your front and center and looking hard ,you'll never see it)but that kinda thing bugs me ??
              What you are referring to that she rubbed in is an epoxy, I believe.
              I'm not Ron!

Comment

I believe RacerX2k is correct - it is most likely black epoxy. You can get it from stewmac.com. A quicker / cheaper alternative is at ACE Hardware. They sell Devcon two part epoxies. Make sure you read the label and buy the epoxy that will dry black. It will say it right on the front of the package. Probably set you back $5.00. Use as little as possible, since you will need to sand it back to level with the fretboard.

Comment

Working...
                X