Wood Pickup Rings - a review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wood Pickup Rings - a review

I've been very busy working on new recordings and dialing in the rig and all the guitars and I thought it was high time to review new editions and discoveries. On to the first

Well, I have a very nicely figured Jackson that is one of he most beautiful guitars around: a Bent top Swee Tone with an amber burst. It's a symphony of wood with flamed maple top, ebony head cap... even a flamed maple truss rod cover.

Everything about this guitar looks luxurious - everything but the plastic, cream-colored pickup rings. So I decided to make a change. Flamed maple rings seemed like the perfect refinement for the guitar. I ordered from pickuprings.com 2 such rings and put a few grades of sandpaper to them and doused them in tung oil.

I was expecting the look that I got, but I didn't expect the change in tone. The guitar is more resonant and the sound is just truer and better, much like a direct mounted pup. I guess it makes sense. If you have a guitar that needs a little custom touch, here's something that looks AND sounds great.

Cheers.

sounds cool... any pics?

Comment

...Eric Johnson, is that you?

Sounds cool, we need pics though
      Why so serious?

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
        ...Eric Johnson, is that you?

Sounds cool, we need pics though
        i can believe there is a change in tone wood has its sound and and we all know it sounds better than plastic right?
        If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

Working...
        X