Model 4 neck work on this body?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 4 neck work on this body?

Since the model 4 is Kahler equipped, I was curious as to whether or not it will just bolt up to this 2006 DXMG-T body;

Also if it's doable concerning scale length compatibility, neck angle and such. A plug and play bolt on?
    G.

Isn't the DXMGT a 24 fretter? The Charvel Model 4 neck is only 22 frets. I don't think that would intonate. What is the neck pocket measure on the DXMGT? The heel on the Model 4 neck is 2.25".
    MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Man! I'm such a newb when it comes to guitar tech stuff.

I thought that be it 22 fret or 24 fret, if the scale is the same that it would work. I see now that isn't the case. Duh!

It's moot now, but the neck pocket on that body is listed as 2 1/4", so at least that part would've worked.

Guess I'll live with the f#cked up Kahler for now.

Thanks for the education. Alvin.
      G.

Comment

Okay. I got it.
        I just finished doing a search and reading the sticky at the top of the tech forum page on this topic. Shoulda' done that in the first place. Being a newb requires legwork for sure!

So by and large, bolt on Jacksons and Charvels share a neck pocket width of 2.25in. That means that, so long as the body had a 25.5" scale and a 21 or 22 fret neck, my Charvey Model 4 neck will work on that body.

So this one will work, right?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Jackson-Randy-Rho...QQcmdZViewItem

My searches tell me that the RR# is indeed a 22 fret, 25.5 scale neck. I can only assume the neck pocket is 2.25", but it's probably safe to do so.

There was mention in the sticky of different diameter bolts for the neck joint. It was somewhat confusing info;

- Would this bolt diameter issue apply to my '86 Chrvel neck to the '99 RR3 body?

Also the bolt patterns between the two;

- Do they match up? I ask this because, though he's provided the measurement for the bolt pattern, it isn't specific as to whether the measurement is center to center or edge to edge. It seems very close after measuring my Charvel.

Funny in the listing how he provided dimensions and measurements for everything, but none for the neck pocket dimensions!
        G.

Comment

Working...
        X