X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct Kahler for Model 4?

Hey gang.
    A little assistance, if you please;

I'm getting frustrated by the Kahler on my ol' '86 Model 4. The high E saddle keeps slipping out and the G saddle height adjuster I believe is stripped.

I hear through the grapevine that parts are practically impossible to get for these old Kahlers. I did a search in JCF and found some links in older threads. Since they're old, I'm thinking the links are too.

So, questions;
    - Anyone know where I might obtain replacement parts?
    - If so, are they affordable or outrageously priced?

A new replacement Kahler is pretty damn pricey, but If it comes down to it, I just might take the plunge. So with that in mind;
    - Would the 2300 series be the correct replacement bridge for my Charvy?

http://www.kahlerusa.com/home.html

- If so, which one is the closest match to the OEM Kahler on my Model 4?
    {Sorry. I don't know much about the metal properties that each of these have and the effects it has on feel, sound, sustain and such.}

Probably a couple of more questions to come, but for now......
    G.

Go to this website: www.wammiworld.com

All the info you need is there. If you're still not sure, e-mail that Wami dude. He's a super nice guy and very helpful.

Comment

I think the 2320 (brass cam & rollers) would be the closest match. They definitely had the brass rollers, not positive on the cam. As for parts, they have them here:

http://www.kahlerparts.com/

Comment

I've bought parts for my Kahler on one of those websites. Mounting screws, oversized springs, etc. Been a year or two...

Comment

Holy moly! Hundred bucks for a set of saddles?!?!?!
          That 7300 complete replacement bridge seems a good deal from that wammi guy.
          Thanks for those links, guys.

I'm thinking of doing away with the whammy all together and going with his fixed bridge 7330.

Nineteen bucks more for a whole bridge assembly? Seems logical to me.

This would be a direct plug n' play bolt on, yes?
          G.

Comment

Working...
          X