Schaller Sure-Claw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schaller Sure-Claw

Hello, has anyone used one of these? Any comments or opinions on it?
    Thanks--
    Mike

http://schaller-guitarparts.de/hp35281/Sure-Claw.htm

Does that screw in towards the top of the guitar? Potential unfortunate consequences in fitting it would seem!

Comment

Seems like you can't fine tune the tension either, because there's only one screw for adjusting...

Comment

It looks it will only accept 3 springs... for those that like to tune down and use 4 or 5 springs it could be an issue.

Comment

Ummm, it appears to me you can adjust the tension, but you're adjusting the tension of both sides of the claw at once.

Look at the actual spring claw part. It's mounted on two threaded bolts, and it looks like the hex bolt in the center of the back rail is the adjuster for those two bolts. Turn it to adjust the tension.

No, you probably can't set the claw at an angle, but then there's no need to.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

maybe i'm an idiot but i dont see the point. i mean if you set your tesion right in the first place you dont have to mess with it again for awhile. i've adjusted my springs twice in the last year. IMO its just more holes in your guitar for the ability to be a little lazier and not take off those 6 screws for the back plate. i mean really what else can you do with the 18 seconds you'd save on not unscrewing the backplate. probably end up spending it on tryin to set your tension with that stupid attachment. just my 2cents

Comment

I have these on several guitars but mainly on floyd speedloaders who really need these as for setting up you have to adjust the spring tension and if you adjust each separate spring at a time you can be working on it for quite long time
              I don't have back plates on any of my guitars because they are just a hassle so that's not the reason I use them, but my floyd guitars are stored in a rather cold room and when I take them out to play I quite often haver to adjust the springs and then these things work great to get you floyd sitting paralel to the body again

Comment

Working...
              X