May trade a KV2 for a ES-335

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May trade a KV2 for a ES-335

I know, I know. I am considering trading a Jackson KV2 for a 335. Why, you ask?
    Well I have two Soloists that are my main guitars and the V is different enough to where it feels kinda weired when I play it.
    Also the 335 is kinda like a White Whale for me. I have loved Rush and particularly Alex Lifeson since I was 12 years old and have always wanted a 335.
    Plus Jason at DCGL will have a whole new crop of Lefty Jacksons at the beginning of the year so I thought maybe I would either pick up another Soloist or maybe even a Kelly!
    Thanks for letting me vent guys, I really want to do this, but there is a small part of me that is screaming "dont do it".

Re: May trade a KV2 for a ES-335

ES335's are cool guitars. A semi hollow is about the only thing i dont have. I take it the 335 is a lefty also? They can be a real bear to work on if you dont like the tone of the pups. Just a thought though.
    If you like it and it feels right when you play it the go for it. KV's are great guitars too but if it just doesnt feel right when you play it then why keep it. Get something you want and is comfortable to play.
    Gil

Comment

Thanks for the support Gil I do appreciate it. The 335 is very minty the darn frets dont even look like they have been used! And the binding is still white! The pups are PAF's which sound mighty fine cranked through the old Trace Allen modded Marshall. All this in a 78'. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

mmmmmmm I don't know what it is about 70's Gibson's they just do it for me. If ya got have it go for it.
        Gil
        Enjoy the 335.
        [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I can totally understand. I just sold a Rhoads to help pay for a es 175 or maybe a heritage 575. STEVE hOWE WAS ALWAYS ONE OF MY FAVORITES and lately I've been trying to get into jazz for something different. I still have 3 Jacksons anyway, a Rhoads, sl1 and sl2gx
          http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

Go for the 335! I had a white one several years ago that I got rid of for an SG and a Laney head and I have regretted letting it go. They are GREAT guitars when you are in the mood for something different.
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Go for the 335 [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] It you want the 335 then get it!!! They are your guitars bro!! PLus why limit yourself to just one style/brand of guitars when there are so many cool ones out there to be had. My .02

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...item=926877548

check it out. Maybe if you can get it cheap enough, you can keep your KV2.

joe...

[ December 03, 2002, 10:06 AM: Message edited by: GodWentPUNK ]
                www.godwentpunk.com
                www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Hey Joe,
                  I saw the cherry one on the Bay, but I am not a big fan of cherry. If this other deal goes through I will put up a link for the wine red 78'.

Comment

Working...
                  X