Here's a good one for ya

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a good one for ya

I need to adjust the springs on the back of my new Charvel and the back plate will not come off. I don't know if they put it on while the paint was still wet or what. I'm trying to get it off without doing any damage. I even tried pulling it off with suction cups. It won't budge. Any ideas?
    "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
    I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

I take a very small and thin flathead screwdriver and stick it in the hole and try to get under the plate and pry it off that way.

If there is damage, it won't show.
    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

One small screwdriver broken.
      "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
      I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Damn. I hate to say it, but you may have to use an EXACTO knife "lightly" around the back plate. Naw, fuck that. Surely we can come up with a better plan. Do you own any heavy gauge fish hooks, like 4.00 or 5.00 worm hooks? If so, you can clip the barb off the end and then insert the hook into the screw hole. Grasp the hook shaft with a pair of pliers and pull carefully while watching the outer edges of the back plate.
        "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by MikeStrat View Post
          One small screwdriver broken.
          It broke your screwdriver? WTF?

Sorry about that. It's always worked for me.

If it's breaking screwdrivers, you might not be able to get it off without some damage. It might take a bigger prybar on the outside of the plate. But that will cause some paint damage.

The problem you might have is the plate may take alot of the paint with it when you do get it off.

Too bad this has happened. It really shouldn't.

Comment

Some people are pushing down the trem and using a long screwdriver thru there.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
              Excellent idea!

Comment

Is this a common problem?

Comment

You could always borrow a tire iron from fett.
                  "POOP"

Comment

Man there is no room for error on this back plate route.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeStrat View Post
                      Is this a common problem?
                      I don't know but I remember reading something about wet paint on another thread about these new Charvels.

Is it a recessed plate?

Comment

There's really not enough room without fucking up the top. Well I was happy with it up until now. I have to put some more thought into this. There is no damage to this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                          Is it a recessed plate?
                          Yep

Comment

I got a razor blade in there and tried to pry it out. That thing ain't movin. If I push any harder the blade will snap in half.

Comment

OK, my last suggestion. If you have a rubber mallet, tap all the way around the back cover plate. If that doesn't loosen it, just pretend that everything is properly setup and get drunk!
                              "POOP"

Comment

Working...
                              X