Stripped Screws on JT580LP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stripped Screws on JT580LP

I bought a Jackson DK2L a while ago, and it is an awe-inspiring guitar, but there is one problem. One of the string lock screws at the bridge is stripped. Can I buy a replacement screw, or should I just replace the whole trem? Thanks.
    As far as I'm concerned he can stay with Dean and play his dots+fins KV copies, and whatever that aborted fetus he "designed". More like "I saw it in my puke". -Newc

Tung Oil is for guitar necks. Tongue Oil is a by-product of cunninglus. -Metalchurch79

Personally I'd replace the whole trem with an OFR, but you can get replacement screws from most online places like www.stewmac.com , www.guitarpartsdepot.com , etc etc.

Yes, you have to make sure you get the ones for licensed Floyds.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leftyzrule580 View Post
      I bought a Jackson DK2L a while ago, and it is an awe-inspiring guitar, but there is one problem. One of the string lock screws at the bridge is stripped. Can I buy a replacement screw, or should I just replace the whole trem? Thanks.
      If it is stripped only at the hex opening then replace just the screw
      but the screw is stripped at the saddle chances are you will need a whole saddle piece too.
      IF you can afford a new or used OFR i would go that route since it is a direct fit to the route of the DK2's
      If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

If its the allen screw head thas stripped just cut a slot in the head and use a flat blade screwdriver to tighten it.I mean do that to fix the problem until you find a replacement.
        Trick is don't tighen the string lock down so hard that you round the head or round the allen wrench.
        Some people overtighten things until they break.
        Last edited by straycat; 07-19-2008, 12:42 AM.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
        X