Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lizard Spit Fretboard cleaner/conditioner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lizard Spit Fretboard cleaner/conditioner?

Just found out about this fretboard cleaner/conditioner product called Lizard Spit from a friend who highly recommended it so i bought some to try out on my Carvin`s Ebony fretboard. I must say it works very good! I`ve been trying to find a good fretboard product to use and this definitely does the job imo. Anyone ever hear/use this product before? If not,you should at least check it out....good stuff!

Originally posted by Metaled1020 View Post
    Anyone ever hear/use this product before?
    No, never have.
    If not,you should at least check it out....good stuff!
    I'm quite happy with this:
    http://www.beafifer.com/boredoctor.htm

Comment

DonP - checked out the link and thought I'd try some (I'm gonna use it on 1 of my less played axe's first (I've used linseed oil ,mineral oil ,dunlop made something I forget the name))I'll provide some feedback in a week or so
      Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

It's pretty much what everyone on the LesPaulForum uses.

A little goes a long, long way. I bought a large bottle and it will probably last a lifetime. And I have 30 axes.

Comment

Anyone try Lizard Spit?

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
            I'm quite happy with this:
            http://www.beafifer.com/boredoctor.htm
            +1 The best.

I have used Lizard Spit. It basically is mineral oil.

Since finding out about Bore Doctor, I use nothing else.
            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Anyone try Lizard Spit?
              Yep...been using it for the last 6 or 7 years. Great stuff. Also use their guitar polish.

I believe I got the first bottle from the guy who created it. He was based here in Michigan, I think.

Before that, I had been using linseed oil. That does the job as well.

Comment

Hey DonP - my fret doctor juice just arrived , I'm going to get my least favorite jackson (then we can play identify this guitar ?? )I'll take a couple of before and after pics , to see the difference

Comment

Ok just finished up

Let me start by saying I've never liked this guitar (after playing out one night my old kelly and marshall head were stolen from my truck at the bar (bastards broke out 2 windows) anyway my insurance covered this (kind of) this was thier idea of a replacement guitar.So for 3-5 years I left it hanging on wall ,then 5 +years it sat in a case -I didn't know what it was when I went out to get it ,but from the neck pocket - I believe it's a dinky3 reverse ,from the serial # 9636953 , I believe it was made in japan in 1993 (does that sound right ?))

I took some before and after pics - used 4 coats fret doctor \30 min soak time (it drank it up)

used wd40 on corroded hardware

used 0000 steel wool to polish frets and back of neck (light smoothing)

before

after

and my daughter was getting jealous so ...

my initail thoughts are this conditioner (fret doctor ) is much better then mineral oil or linseed oil ,but I have not tried lizard spit

Comment

Dang now I'm worked up

I'm gonna go and grab my 2cd least maintained guitar ,and unless ya'll tell me to stop \\I'll post some more pics !!!!!!!!!

btw it's an ibanez prestige fb1520 (I think )

Comment

ok I lost some of my enthuiasm , the vodka started working !! so I finsihed up at the crack of noon (after watching jungle book 2 with the kids )Anyway this os kinda fun anyone think we should make a thread ??? here goes my ibanez prestige 1520 fb

before

after

anyone else want to start a pic thread somewhat like this (maintenance or projects (but only with pics (no text only)) ???

Comment

Looks good, but why did you need to take the neck off in order to clean and condition it?
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I didn't need to for cleaning and conditioning ,but to make sure of models and age - I'm considering trying to sell a couple of guitars ( not really sure yet ,but I want to be able to give accurate descriptions )

Comment

Ah, I see. Cool.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Jayster,

They came out great. I'm sure it will help you sell. I'm really picky about the fretboard, and both you your before images would have gotten a thumbs down from me. (edit: after taking a second look, they really looked like CRAP)

Both those after images look great, and really show off that rosewood.

Comment

Working...
                              X