• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omg!!!

Check this out:

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/6409231

Okay. Now that the initial shock is over;
    What would be involved with doing a FR conversion to a stop tail piece guitar?

I don't want to do this, but I'm thinking it would involve some major woodcutting and precise measurements.
    G.

Personally, I'd walk away. Are you considering buying this and restoring it? I paid that price for my R7 Gold Top VOS Reissue last year brand new!

The cost and hassle of refinishing would be prohibitive. You would also have to make it a dark back to hide the spring cavity.
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

That looks horribly done.

Comment

That looks like the FR bridge that was designed for the LP. I'm guessing that no wood was cut from the guitar, but you won't know until you get hold of more detailed pictures.

Comment

Just say NO.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
            That looks like the FR bridge that was designed for the LP. I'm guessing that no wood was cut from the guitar, but you won't know until you get hold of more detailed pictures.
            Correct. That's a flatmount Floyd. They may have shaved the area but there's no spring cavity and no hole to fill.

I bought and resold one a few years ago. Can't find the pics, though.

It had 10 short springs under the main body, but was too tall to sit on top without cutting into the body a little.

$2200 is high if you're going to remove the trem, as there's going to be a large bare spot under it.

However, you can probably get $200+ for the trem.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
            X