Replacement pickgaurds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement pickgaurds

I need to order a custom pickgaurd for my yet to arrive Charvel SoCal. I want to go with the 1hum/sc conversion. Who knows a good source?

www.wdmusic.com - They will require a fullsize tracing - no jpgs,bmps. Make it as exact as possible.

Comment

www.pickguardian.com

They do excellent work and prices are reasonable.

Comment

www.terrapinguitars.com.

Stay away from WD, though! I had them make me a pickguard for a Gibson V67. It's all straight lines, right? Not on the one they made for me. Sloppy bevels, nicks in the pickup holes where the saw didn't meet back up in the same place. I was going to try and make it work anyway, but the spacing between the holes for the bridge studs was wrong. Luckily, I got it through Guitar Center, so they took it back.
        please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Originally posted by necrotechno View Post
          www.terrapinguitars.com.

Stay away from WD, though! I had them make me a pickguard for a Gibson V67. It's all straight lines, right? Not on the one they made for me. Sloppy bevels, nicks in the pickup holes where the saw didn't meet back up in the same place. I was going to try and make it work anyway, but the spacing between the holes for the bridge studs was wrong. Luckily, I got it through Guitar Center, so they took it back.
          I'll have to agree. I have had them make custom guards for me, (3 so far). They must use dull router bits. They also drill the countersunk screws not deep enough. The taper on mounting screws does not fully seat. I'd look elsewhere. I know I have. Terrapin has made some for me as well. Pretty good. The best guards I've had so far have been Warmoth, but I don't know if they will do one from a tracing. I'd call to be sure if you use a tracing.
          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I thought I read here in a post that guards on these new Charvels were with standard Fender Strat hole spacing? Does anyone know for sure?

Comment

I always got my pickguards from Warmoth.

www.warmoth.com

Comment

Originally posted by dannyr View Post
                www.pickguardian.com

They do excellent work and prices are reasonable.
                +1 - plus they will duplicate the one you actually have if you give them a template. Screw holes NEVER line up 100% if you go with an unseen replacement...trust me!
                Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

Originally posted by bsteff666 View Post
                  I always got my pickguards from Warmoth.

www.warmoth.com
                  +1

And I have them not drill any holes for volume or tone so I can place them myself.

Dave
                  Dave

Comment

Originally posted by missionguitars1 View Post
                    Screw holes NEVER line up 100% if you go with an unseen replacement...trust me!
                    The ones I got from Terrapin and a guy on ebay called "aiguitars" all did. But yeah, it's not usually like that!
                    please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Working...
                    X