Tremolo/Bridge question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tremolo/Bridge question

Does anyone know if an Edge Pro II ibanez tremolo would fit in an Schaller tremolo space ?

I ve read that Original floyd rose can replace shcallers with no issues.

Also does anyone know what kind of tremolo is fitted to charvettes (japan made 275)? Can I change it to a schaller or Edge Pro II ?

If anyone has kind of a tremolo replacements chart, I could really use it.

Thank you all
    Dego
    sigpicPlayForFun

Originally posted by Diego View Post
    I ve read that Original floyd rose can replace shcallers with no issues.

Dego

I do not believe this to be true. The locking allen bolts on the Floyd will hang over the end of the Schaller route.

I don't know about the Edge, though.
    The Guitars:
    Jackson USA SL2H, Jackson Performer PS-4, Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic, Ibanez JS-1000, B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, Martin GPCPA5 Acoustic, 14 Warmoth customs, Ibanez Artcore AS73, Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM Bass
    The Amps:
    Peavey JSX 212 with JSX 412 cabinet, Ampeg B2R with Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE cabinet

Comment

Originally posted by DocNrock View Post
      I do not believe this to be true. The locking allen bolts on the Floyd will hang over the end of the Schaller route.
      If you've got a recessed Floyd, then yes, the bolts will hang over the route and you'll have issue with pulling up more if you like to do that.

And as far as the Charvette, I believe they were the single-locking version of the original Floyd Rose II where you just slide the strings through without the need to cut the ball ends off. The later version of the Floyd II is double-locking and the same as the Schaller.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yes the charvette bridge was single locking.

Do you think that a single locking OFR or licenced floyd rose will fit in there.

Tomorrow I 'll post some pics if i can borrow a camera !

Thanks you all
        sigpicPlayForFun

Comment

Like others have said, if it's recessed or has the rear pullup route, you'll need a Schaller floyd or a used Jackson JT-590 to avoid having the string-lock screws overhang. There's no such thing as a "single-locking OFR". The only true Floyd Rose branded single-locking trem was a very early version of the Floyd Rose II. IIRC, it was supposedly made for lower end import Kramers for a very short period, and was exactly like the trem on the Charvette.

Comment

I think that not even the schaller JT-590 will fit since the charvette model doesn't have lcok screws.

[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn15/Diegosfb/DSC02013.jpg[\img]

So, anyone know some bridge that would fit there ???

Thanks
            Diego
            sigpicPlayForFun

Comment

Working...
            X