Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FR neck to a non FR body?

As the title says;
    I've an opportunity to snag a solid mahogany body with string thru/fixed bridge for a 2 3/16 neck joint and a 25.5 scale neck.

The only neck available to me at the present is one from a Platinum series BCRich that was mounted on a licensed Floyd equipped guitar. It's a maple job with rosewood fb, 24 frets and pearl inlays.

It's obviously got holes where the locknut is. {It's still on it.} It looks and feels similar to my Warlock.

Any of you tech heads know if this'll work? Is that neck any good to begin with; quality wise?
    G.

As long as the body & neck are compatible (is the body made for a 24-fret neck? does the heel shape match the pocket, ie. squared off or rounded at the end? does the heel thickness work with the pocket depth?), you should be able to use the neck. You can leave the locknut on, mod it for a regular nut, or somebody makes a retrofit standard nut that mounts to a floyd shelf. No idea about the quality of those import BC Rich necks. I've picked up a few of the junkers they carry at GC for a laugh, and those were complete crap, but I don't know (or want to know) what series they were.

Comment

Here is my mutt I just finished last night...

Non FR Body with a FR Neck.. I just added a bone nut. I tried a roller nut but that didn't work that's those small holes on the shelf.

Allparts sells a replacement nut that fits on the shelf. It's 25.00 and I didn't think it was worth it. I had some bone laying around from changing out all my nuts on my Fenders... so I made one.

Last edited by JetFixxxer; 07-04-2008, 03:03 PM.
      2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
      2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
      2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
      2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
      2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
      2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
      2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
      2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
      2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
      1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
      1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Comment

Working...
      X