Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fusion Pro mid-sweep work with other passives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fusion Pro mid-sweep work with other passives?

Guess the subject says it all. Just got Fusion Pro from Brooke w/ the circuit intact to compliment the one I already have with EMGs in it. Only fooled with it for a few hours, so I can't say what I'm going to do, but I'd consider swapping out the bridge humbucker. If I do, will the circuit still work, would it only work with the Jackson singles, or would it not work at all?

Far, far from making a call on it. It does sound different from what I have already, and that could be reason enough to keep it in there. I just want to be aware of my options as I'm fooling with it.

I know I've seen the answer on here somewhere in the past, but failed to find it now that I really am looking for it.

And the neck pickup? That thing is a monster. Real bluesy/straty sound. Hell, it sounds more like a strat than my Stratocaster does some times!

Vass

It'll work fine with other pickups. I haven't used that particular system, but I've used Duncans with the JE-1200 midboost. What I've found is that the boost effect isn't quite as noticeable with pickups that are much hotter than the original Jackson pickups, and with really hot pickups, there can be some unwanted compression & muddiness, even with the boost level turned down. Not sure if that is how it will work with the JE-1500, though.

Comment

Yes, it will work fine. As dg said, some higher output pickups will have that extra compression. But remember, all the Jackson active circuits were designed to have been fed by pickups, even active ones will work.
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Thanks guys Now to figure out what I want to swap in there, if I decide to.

Vass

Comment

Working...
        X