Jackson J-80C?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson J-80C?

I bought and got a pickup from ebay today from a seller who was selling a J-80C and was very helpful, but the back said MODEL 5 bridge (which it was from a model 5 charvel), and I just wanted another source to see if this was the real deal. Thanks.

The real deal.

Comment

Yep.

Comment

i wouldn't stear you wrong.

Comment

Haha Thanks again. Just curious. Can't wait to install and try it out tonight!

Comment

The J80C is one of my favourites. Through a Marshall with the gain dimed, it will give you a very "80's metal" sound.

Comment

Agreed - the J80C was my favorite Jackson PU. I still have one in my SD Soloist.

Comment

Maybe I should have kept it. That's OK I put in a custom.

Comment

are you gonna use one of the jackson active electronics with it or just straight?

Comment

Just straight... still haven't installed it... Think I need to take off the pickup cover, though I don't want to.

Comment

Originally posted by jdr94 View Post
                      are you gonna use one of the jackson active electronics with it or just straight?
                      I think you have it confused with the low output J50 that came on 4s and 6s.

If you need to take off the cover because it won't fit in the pickup rings, talk to Budman (Frets on the Net) about a new, oversized ring.

Comment

Actually, my 1986 Model 4 came with a J80C, and I got it, new. Maybe they ran out of the J50, that day? hehe. All I know is I loved that pickup.
                        I'm not Ron!

Comment

Working...
                        X