Ohming out EMG's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohming out EMG's

I'm trying to test an EMG that I salvaged from an unplayable, wrecked guitar I bought. It looks like it ohms out at 50K ohms. Does that sound right?

Is that just the pickup or with the battery and/or knobs attached?
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Just the pickup removed from guitar, battery not attached

Comment

Not sure, but you are ohming the output of an amp, not a pickup (they are active).

I'd check EMG's site or contact them to find out if your pickups are good or not.

Comment

Yeah, all youd be testing was the preamp, which would probably be the same or damn close on every pickup.

On a side not, I wonder if anyone has ever dismantled an EMG before?
          Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
            On a side not, I wonder if anyone has ever dismantled an EMG before?
            If by "dismantled" you mean "slaughtered", then yes.

They can't be orderly disassembled due to the resin fill, but people have cut them up to see how they're built. We had a thread with pics here a couple of years back or so.

Comment

A 81 should read 10K in the unactive mode
              If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
                If by "dismantled" you mean "slaughtered", then yes.

They can't be orderly disassembled due to the resin fill, but people have cut them up to see how they're built. We had a thread with pics here a couple of years back or so.
                Hah nice! Do you still happen to have the pics?
                Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
                  Hah nice! Do you still happen to have the pics?
                  No, unfortunately not. I recently lost all my pics due to a hard drive failure.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
                    No, unfortunately not. I recently lost all my pics due to a hard drive failure.
                    Oh you suck

I still love the "bluish" nebula soloist (was it a Model 6?) with stars that you have.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                      I still love the "bluish" nebula soloist (was it a Model 6?) with stars that you have.

Comment

Originally posted by savage View Post
                        A 81 should read 10K in the unactive mode
                        Is that right? I wonder why I'm seeing something different.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                          Is that right? I wonder why I'm seeing something different.
                          a 81 is not wound hot at all it is all preamp
                          here look at the spec's
                          http://www.emginc.com/downloads/wiri...MG-Hseries.pdf
                          If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

Working...
                          X