Will this work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this work?

Hello everyone. I'm sure many people have asked this question before and I searched already, but I wanna be 100% sure.

Will this tremolo fit my Charvel Model 6 with a Jt6? (http://cgi.ebay.com/ESP-Locking-Trem...QQcmdZViewItem)

The Jt6 on mine looks good, but a lot of the locking bolts are getting sorta stripped and the fine tuners are a little hard to adjust. Maybe it's just me, but I think it's time to upgrade the trem.

Also, I'm not sure if I should get that Schaller or just wait and get a used OFR somewhere. Will either of these two work right with the stock Jt6 posts, or should I get the special ones they have on frets on the net?

Do I have to modify anything else for either to fit?

Thanks in advance

-George
    Charvel Model 6
    Jackson Kelly Professional Standard
    Randall RG75 G3

OFR will drop right in and the JT-6 post are fine you will loose a little travel in the trem.One other thing the JT-6 is regular spaced and the OFR is a bit wider as far as the saddle spacing goes.This will cause your hi and low E strings to be closer to the edge of the fretboard.
    The JT-6 string locks will strip at the allen socket so just cut a slot in the head and use a flat blade screw driver to tighten the locks.If the fine tuners are getting hard to turn take the trem off take it apart and give it a good cleaning and lube I'll bet it will be fine.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
      OFR will drop right in and the JT-6 post are fine you will loose a little travel in the trem.One other thing the JT-6 is regular spaced and the OFR is a bit wider as far as the saddle spacing goes.This will cause your hi and low E strings to be closer to the edge of the fretboard.
      The JT-6 string locks will strip at the allen socket so just cut a slot in the head and use a flat blade screw driver to tighten the locks.If the fine tuners are getting hard to turn take the trem off take it apart and give it a good cleaning and lube I'll bet it will be fine.

Thanks for the info straycat.

How about that Schaller on the link I posted? Will that work? Sure it has an Esp logo, but it looks identical to a Schaller/jt590 trem the older Jackson/Charvels had and it even has the made in Germany stamp.

I can't find any black OFRs at the moment on ebay and I don't want a chrome one.

Thanks again

-George
      Charvel Model 6
      Jackson Kelly Professional Standard
      Randall RG75 G3

Comment

That should work fine not a bad price either.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
        X