Roland VS1880 scratchy pots / input trims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland VS1880 scratchy pots / input trims

I have a Roland VS1880 DAW. The jacks are noisy, scratchy and brittle-sounding. My plan is to take it to bits and clean the motherboard, pots and jacks from the inside with PCB cleaner. I obviously don't wanna kill it, so I thought I'd ask first.
    Last edited by wilkinsi; 01-22-2009, 06:04 PM. Reason: NEED HELP!
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Anyone?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Well - not knowing if the pots are sealed or not...
      1. Clean the pots.
      2. Check the jacks' connection to the pcb - you'll need a magnifying glass or something to find the little trace cracks. A little heat to reflow the solder should fix those. I doubt cleaning the m/b resolve anything (unless it's been in a flood or something).
      750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
      Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

OK, thanks. I'll give it a go as soon as I've backed up all my song data.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

I finally got myself a Traxdata Pro Series 9.1GB external hard drive. It's a noisy SOB, but I can use "Song Copy Playable" to get songs to and from both hard drives now. Was worth the £45 + postage.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/9Gb-ROLAND-SCS...1%7C240%3A1318
          Last edited by wilkinsi; 01-27-2009, 10:03 PM. Reason: Figured it out myself
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Working...
          X