EMGs in an RR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMGs in an RR?

Im getting a RR5-FR Bullseye and I want to put a pair Zakks EMGs in it. Here's my question, Since it's front loaded (with the guard) where do you put the battery without routing? Will it fit in the trem cavity? I dont want to have to pull the pickguard (knobs/switch) off to change a battery. Any suggestions and/or pics would really help.............Thanks.

(or do I really have to route a battery box in the back)

"When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

you put it with the electronics under the pick guard
    Jackson KV2T Black Ghost Flames with EMG's

Comment

Correct. Guitar parts depot.com has the best price on those, BTW
      http://www.guitarpartsdepot.com/Humb...Wylde_Set.html
      I just got this set from them and I got a free EMG t-shirt and free set of Zakk's Dunlop strings with free shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by shreder13 View Post
        you put it with the electronics under the pick guard
        +1 That's where mine is. If you unplug your guitar after use, as instructed, the battery will last a very long time. I just wrapped my 9V battery in some of the foam material that comes with the EMG set and stuffed it in the cavity after wiring the guitar up.
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Battery life is 3000 hours according to EMG specs, if you unplug the cable everytime.

Comment

I found that you can fit one battery in the cavity with no real problem. I had a problem when I had the 18v mod. 2 batteries together won't fit real well. I had to push one into the corner and lay the other down sideways to make it fit, along with shifting the p/u switch a little. I soon decided that the 18v mod wasn't that much of a difference and went back to 9v. Worked good enough for me.
            Guitars:
            Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
            1988 Model 2,
            Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
            RR3
            Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
            1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
            2005 SG Special

Comment

Thanks for the replys guys! So it looks like you have to take the knobs/switch/and guard off just to change a battery or route..... Also, now I,m looking at Blackouts instead of EMGs which requires the SAME thing...............
              "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

Originally posted by 777 View Post
                Thanks for the replys guys! So it looks like you have to take the knobs/switch/and guard off just to change a battery or route..... Also, now I,m looking at Blackouts instead of EMGs which requires the SAME thing...............
                Dude, you only have to change the battery once or twice a year, you can handle it
                Jackson KV2T Black Ghost Flames with EMG's

Comment

Originally posted by shreder13 View Post
                  Dude, you only have to change the battery once or twice a year, you can handle it

Yeh, I guess your right...............

Comment

sweet guitars! oh were do I start lol, had that music man nice guitar. How are those evh charvel's sound pretty good? Dig the ace guitar and the rest also!!
                    EVh Wolfgang/frankenstein pup
                    1959Epiphone les paul
                    george L cables
                    mxr pedals
                    Engl fireball 100

Comment

You like guitars with stripey finishes on them eh? Why's that?

Don't think EVH uses EMG's, I'd go for Blackouts myself. Well, I did for my own RR3, works a treat!
                      http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 777 View Post
                        You don't need to remove the knobs and switch. All you do is unscrew the pickguard - it's like three screws! It's easier than removing the trem guard, since that has more screws.
                        Removing three screws every year or more doesn't seem that hard to me.....
                        And yeah, like I say, Blackouts work brilliant.
                        http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Right, just 3 screws. Heck, I've got TWO EMG-89's WITH TWO PUSH PULL POTS AND A BATTERY (!) all in there. It fits easy and the battery lasts A LONG TIME...
                          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                          Gotta get away from here.
                          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                            Right, just 3 screws.
                            You do realize your Rhoads there has 4 screws, right? My RR1T also has 4. Though, some Rhoads models do have 3 screws. Strange.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
                              You don't need to remove the knobs and switch. All you do is unscrew the pickguard - it's like three screws! It's easier than removing the trem guard, since that has more screws.
                              Removing three screws every year or more doesn't seem that hard to me.....
                              And yeah, like I say, Blackouts work brilliant.

Again, thanks guys for your input!! I guess 3 or 4 screws aint that bad. I thought you had to remove the switch and knobs to get the guard off. I guess thats why we ask questions on here. We have a saying at work, "Know Before Do"/ And yes, the Blackouts are looking/sounding better than the EMGs........

Comment

Working...
                              X