X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Locking Tuners

What kind do you like best and why.

Schallers and Sperzels are both cool.

I like the thicker locking "wheel" on the Schallers - it doesn't dig into your fingertips as much, when changing strings.

The Sperzels are cool, too, but I can't stand that most manufacturers still use the satin-finished versions. They're horrid looking but, since Sperzel makes real (shiny) chrome and gold versions, they're an easy swap out. I have had a couple of Sperzels where the locking pin has gotten stuck in the locked position, and I had to jimmmy it loose. In the end, not a big deal, though.

Comment

I have had the Schaller and Sperzel versions. The Sperzels are more expensive, but they are better IMO.

Comment

I have only ever used sperzels, have em on my les paul and my PC3..no complaints from me, easy string changes and keep the guitars in tune, although as Shreddermon mentioned the lockingpin can get a bit stiff!!

Comment

i have both sets on 2 different guitars , i like the schallers better, i like the way the look and between the 2 guitars the schallers hold their tune better , not mention they are direct replacments for the jackson tuning heads , no drilling required

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
            I have had a couple of Sperzels where the locking pin has gotten stuck in the locked position, and I had to jimmmy it loose. In the end, not a big deal, though.
            I had a Carvin DC400 where the pin got stuck on the high E tuner. Carvin sent me a replacement because it wouldn't come loose. They'd heard of the pin seizing before but never not eventually coming loose. I've still got the tuner laying around somewhere. I've smacked that thing on concrete, with a hammer, everything I could think of, threw it in WD40, but that pin won't budge!
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

planet waves locking tuners for my mutt.
              a friend of mine had them on his guitar and i had read alot of good reviews on em.
              im pretty happy with them.
              no complaints so far.

Comment

I've got Planet Waves on about forty guitars. Electrics, electrics with locking nuts, acoustics, even a banjo. I've even replaced other brands of locking tuners with them. The guitars that don't have them, it's either because the guitar is too cheap to warrant the upgrade (Fernandes Nomad, Washburn Joey, etc.) or the PW's just weren't right for the application (12-string, etc.).
                please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Working...
                X