Neck size on the DK2M vs DK1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck size on the DK2M vs DK1

I am going to be ordering a DK2M(need a maple board!)
    I have a DK1

and needed to know if the neck size is about the same?
    If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

I think so, but I think the heal is a different thickness.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
      I think so, but I think the heal is a different thickness.
      no problem there, i am more concerned about the neck thickness from front to back from the first fret to where the neck joins the body?
      If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

My DK2 neck is way fatter than my DK1 neck. You might not be happy if th DK2M neck is just as fat. I prefer thin shredder necks myself.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
          I prefer thin shredder necks myself.
          yeah like the neck on my 81 san dimas strat
          man that thing is thinner than a wizard by ibanez and feels like playing heaven!
          I do prefer very thin(from front to back) profile necks.
          do the jackson DK2M's vary from one to another in neck specs from final sanding and finishing?

Comment

I intend to buy a DK1 at the end of the month, so if I hit jackpot, I'll let you know.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by savage View Post
              do the jackson DK2M's vary from one to another in neck specs from final sanding and finishing?
              Anything is possible. I suggest you try out your DK2M before buying, or ask the seller very detailed questions if buying from ebay.

The thinnest necks I have are on my Fusions, hence why I have three of them. BUT, even though my SL2H has a fatter neck, it doesn't bother me too much.

The fattest neck I have is my 1998 SG Std., but even that isn't bad enough that I'd sell it.

I have a Gibson R0 (1960 Historic) Les Paul that's not too bad either, but there is no F'ing way I'm playing a baseball bat R7 to R9 Les Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                Anything is possible. I suggest you try out your DK2M before buying, or ask the seller very detailed questions if buying from ebay.

The thinnest necks I have are on my Fusions, hence why I have three of them. .
                those fusions are killer

Comment

Working...
                X