Pedal LED's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedal LED's

Does anyone know a convenient source for and/or the specs on the LED's that are used in guitar pedals? Are they pretty straightforward to replace?

Try Radio Spares (RS Components). Specs could be absolutely anything, LEDs are the new super-component, there are many many types and specs available now, their use has just spiralled since they discovered how to get high output from them. (I love LEDS, no more bars and bars of PAR cans and spare bulbs here. Nope, lorry full of lighting replaced by small van full of LED fixtures! Yay!!)

Anyway, they should be OK to replace if you aren't a thug with a soldering iron, you really really don't want to overheat and burn out any part of a PCB on a pedal, it will probably be irrepairable. Lots of surface mount components on new pedals, don't even think of waving an iron near them - better to snip the legs of the old LED and tag on to them with the new one)

So, decent iron, fine tip, patience and caution and you should be fine. Oh, and make sure you get the polarity of the LED correct (the flat edge with the short leg is the negative side of the LED)
    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Try http://www.smallbearelec.com/home.html

He sells alot of different colors and sizes. Its an easy job to replace an LED if you can solder/de solder well.

Comment

Working...
      X