Clear All

• Will an Ibanez neck fit on a Jackson body

Both 2 1/4" neck-pocket and neck heel.
    Both 24 fret.

Are the lengths different?
    Screw holes different spacing?

A Jacksonez as it were.

Just a bad idea?

If its a wizard neck I don't think so. If its an EX neck very possible. There is no lip on the wizard 2 necks but there is on jacksons and exs. The heal will be an issue too.

Comment

I've always been told Jackson necks only work with Jackson bodies. I've never tried. How about if you try and tell us if it works?

Comment

It won't hurt to try..
        Gear:
        Jackson Dinky Rev. Pro
        Jackson Kelly (KE3?), Lawrence equipped
        Ibanez RG320
        Ensanada Acoustic
        Peavey Bandit 112
        Soon to Be:
        Pedals!

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonCharvelESP View Post
          It won't hurt to try..
          yes it will...

Comment

The world will open up and swallow you whole if you try! I'm surprised you weren't struck by lightning for even suggesting it.

Best way to find out would be to measure the pocket and neck heel.
            Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by Bob From Accounting View Post
              yes it will...

How?
              If it doesn't fit it doesn't fit. And you wasted a half hour.
              Gear:
              Jackson Dinky Rev. Pro
              Jackson Kelly (KE3?), Lawrence equipped
              Ibanez RG320
              Ensanada Acoustic
              Peavey Bandit 112
              Soon to Be:
              Pedals!

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonCharvelESP View Post
                How?
                If it doesn't fit it doesn't fit. And you wasted a half hour.
                Egads man! That's what power-tools were invented for!!!
                Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by crackle View Post

A Jacksonez as it were.

Just a bad idea?
                  And now for Crackle's next trick, he'll be taking a dump in a perfectly good bowl of strawberry ice cream...
                  The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by crackle View Post
                    A Jacksonez as it were.

Just a bad idea?

Comment

Well, thanks for being cool guys. I was prepared for alot less friendliness on that one. As it is, I chickened out. The bolt pattern on the Ibanez is offset unlike the square Dinky body pattern. Which doesn't mean that much as it's just another hole in the neck heel, but it just kind of got me antsy. I've got no woodworking capability beyond a new screw hole. If I had to even shave the heel by a sixteenth of an inch I'd be in trouble. I may still try it at a later time if I can find out a little more.

As to 'what could it hurt?' - it could have hurt $220 worth!

Actually, I'm a little surprised. It doesn't sound like it has come up before. I would have figured necks would have been swapped between manufacturers at least occasionally, especially since I see Fender style necks to fit both Fenders and Charvels for instance.

on edit: While I was writing this Axewielder comes through with an actual example! Did that take any woodworking?
                      Last edited by crackle; 06-17-2008, 11:07 PM.

Comment

The Ibanez neck was an AANJ. Those only work on AANJ Ibanez bodies. Are you from UG? I gave someone a run down on a very similar question there a few weeks back.

Comment

CharvelRocker, the neck I was talking about was indeed an AANJ - new 2007 WIzard II - but you couldn't have known that, so what AANJ neck are you referring to?

I figured AANJ was the Ibanez standard. What does the acronym stand for and what is special about an AANJ body.

Can you direct me to the user group you are talking talking about? I'll go there and read your rundown on all this unless you want to summarize it here.

Comment

Rich#6, yes it was a Wizard II neck and you're right, it didnt' look like it had a lip. That could make a big difference dimension-wise. Thanks.

Do all 24-fret Jackson necks, like the Dinky, have a lip? That right there would seem to be a pretty big compatibility disqualification.

Comment

Do all 24-fret Jackson necks, like the Dinky, have a lip? That right there would seem to be a pretty big compatibility disqualification
                              pretty sure they do. That is why I asked about the ex neck because the ex necks have lips. I almost tried an ex neck on a jackson body but chickened out because they like the wizard necks have that offset heal.

Comment

Working...
                              X