Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring Help needed: 3 switches, 2 volume, 1 tone

Hi

I´ve recently stripped my Charvel model 6 of its JE-1200 system. I want to keep the on/off switches for each individual pickup, and I´m thinking of using the 3 potentiometer-slots for 2 volume and 1 tone-pot.

That way I would have a volume for the singlecoils and a volume for the humbucker.

I´m into the basics of wiring, but I´m not quite sure in which order i should connect the pickups to which pots. Any suggestions for a route?

Check out guitarNuts.com. They have all kinds of wiring schematics !
    sigpicPlayForFun

Comment

Should be like this:

Humbucker to first Volume knob (closest to the bridge), then to the 1st switch, then to the Output jack.

Middle single-coil to the 2nd switch, which is connected to the 3rd switch via the center prongs.

Neck single-coil to the 3rd switch to the Output jack.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I´m quite confused about that answer. I mentioned having 2 volume pots (1 for the humbucker and 1 for the SC´s), and that I also want a tone-pot.

Does anyone else have any idea how this could be done? (I´ve maintained the original connections between the switches)

Comment

Each pickup goes to a switch, then one switch goes to volume A, and the two other switches go to volume B. Both volumes go to tone, which goes to output.
          Scott

Comment

Yeah, I forgot about the Tone
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Would it be something like this?

Last edited by Blackkeeper; 06-30-2008, 03:09 PM.

Comment

One problem...the volume pots are in parallel...you would have to select between them, or one affects the other...
                sigpic

Comment

I should actually include an extra switch in the system then?

would the one volume control leech on the signal from the other or how would they affect each other?

Comment

The pots cancel the signal to ground...if one pot is full, one off...it's grounded..if you use 2 pole switches for the selectors, you could run the pot output back through the second pole on each switch(the corresponding pickup)then when the switch is off, the pot is disabled.Still a nuisance if you are using a single and the hum....good luck.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X