Long control pots & long toggle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long control pots & long toggle

Hi - I am having trouble locating control pots and toggle switches for my 1985 Soloist Student project. I have found longer control pots with 3/4" thread length, but have not been able to find a toggle switch with long threads.

The original (??) is a switchcraft angled with the deep-threaded nut. It barely fits the thickness if I do NOT use a washer.

Anyone out there have any recommendations?

Thanks...Marc (creekster52)

http://switchcraft.com/products/switch-301.html

You'll need the Switchcraft 12016 or 12017.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thanks for the info. I think that is what I already have(12016/12017), but there is no model# on the switch...just Switchcraft.

I have an email into guitarpartsdepot.com for more info

I recently read on another site that the earlier Soloists need 1/2" threads on the pots & switches, but I have not been able to source any...Just the 3/4" (500k) pots from Stew-Mac...but still no long-threaded switches...yet!!

Comment

Follow-up:

I ended up using 3/8 long CTS pots, with the star washer removed from the underside. These were just long enough using the supplied thin washer & hexnut on the topside. I placed some UHMW tape under the solder lugs to prevent shorting on the copper cavity shield.

The switch I ended up using is a Switchcraft clone, which was just long enough using the provided washer & knurled nut (not deep threaded). The Switchcraft models I could find were just too short to install properly...even with the deep nut.

The slightly mis-shaped copper shielding could have been a factor.

I am finishing the project this weekend (hopefully), and hope to post pics next week...

Marc (creekster52)

Comment

Working...
        X