Ibanez Reissue RG770DX Laser Blue!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez Reissue RG770DX Laser Blue!

North America is getting blue (RG770DXLB). I guess Europe is getting red.
    Here are teaser pics from Ibanez.com. Oh, these are MIJ.

Notice there is no "under license" any more on the original Edge trem.

These are anniversary guitars, but I don't understand which year they are going to celebrate. I believe these came out in 1991, but these anniversary models might be for the 1993 versions.

Here is an original...

Sexy

Comment

Killer guitars! I had the pink one and it was a great shredder...especially with an X2N in the bridge and evolution in the neck positions. I'd love to get the red one.

Comment

that's so cool lookin'
        damn
        "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
        --floydkramer

Comment

That has always been one of my favorite Ibanez guitars! That is confusing about the anniversary thing though, because if it is based on a '93, it should have a Lo-Pro instead of Edge.

Edit - any word on pricing?
          Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

I've always wanted to love RGs because they have the best feeling neck and trem, but the sound is always a little thin, I don't know why compared to jackson dinkys, which are similar in construction.

Comment

Originally posted by tanpsi View Post
              I've always wanted to love RGs because they have the best feeling neck and trem, but the sound is always a little thin, I don't know why compared to jackson dinkys, which are similar in construction.
              The all access neck joint i think is the culprit of the thin sound. Older ones and reissues have the block heal which i think sound a lot better. I have a USCG from 91 that has a AANJ and not only does it have a thin sound the neck will shift sideways in the pocket when it gets left in the case for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Maximum_Crunch View Post
                The all access neck joint i think is the culprit of the thin sound. Older ones and reissues have the block heal which i think sound a lot better. I have a USCG from 91 that has a AANJ and not only does it have a thin sound the neck will shift sideways in the pocket when it gets left in the case for a while.
                I did try one of the RG550 20th reissues with the block and I was so close to buying it because the neck was like butter, no MELTED butter, and the trem was so smooth, but, the clean sound didn't inspire me like the Jacksons, If I wasn't a 1 guitar man, I would definitly add one to a collection.

Comment

The older RG's are Basswood. Great lead sound and articulate as hell but not the warmest. I eq mmy RG's though and upgrade the pups. Great guitars.

I had a RG770DX Lazer blue in the early 90's. I'd love another.
                  All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Here are the pictures the Ibanez board administrator posted today.

Comment

I want one!!!
                      Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

when is the release and how much?? (I shudder to think)

Comment

Don't know when the release date is but I'm sure it's gonna be over $1K.
                          "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

The originals are cool guitars, and these will sell like hotcakes. Shoulda known from the pedal flood, as soon as somethings valuable in the second hand market ibanez wants a piece

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                              when is the release and how much?? (I shudder to think)
                              I heard they will hit the dealers about August and pricing will be known by next week.

Comment

Working...
                              X